Teleportation Rework Tinkering Doable?

CraterLabs

So, I had my doubts about the teleportation rework, but I think that for most of the player base the new way of doing it is a nice QOL improvement, even if it raises certain character-based story concerns for me. As much as I like what's happened so far, I was wondering if some of the Long Range Teleporter effects could be reexamined? I have some weird thoughts on it...

1. All of the exits are by Base Portals. I'm guessing this probably has to do with playerbase familiarity with the base portal teleporter thingie that this feature replaced(?). While this is good in a way that makes a pretty clear and consistent exit possible, it also takes away the pre-existing Long Range Teleporter exits which I preferred (generally LRT would drop you off near a zone entrance, like one of the ferries in the rogue isles.) Would it be possible to either change the exits back to the LRT exits, or possibly (and I almost like this one more) make the original LRT exits something that you could unlock? Like, if I had Nerva's exploration badge, it'd be nice to be able to choose between Nerva's ferry, Nerva's two black helicopter exits (north and south), and the base portal exit (I could take or leave that last one, honestly.) This would probably clutter the menu a bit, but I think it could be managed if the new LRT menu was divided a bit between the kind of location you want it to take you to (that, of course, being one of those things players assume would be easy to code that would actually be nightmarish.)
  2. Related to point 1, I miss my Pocket D VIP passport power. Would there be a way to get this back? I know there's technically a Pocket D option in the new LRT but, again, it takes me to Pocket D's base portal instead of Pocket D's VIP Lounge. Even if changing this thing isn't possible, is there some weird way I could get the button back? It was one of my favorite button designs in the game and I'd like to be able to push it again. (I nominate this bullet-point for the "Lowest Rung" award on the ladder of dev-time importance).
  3. If it becomes possible to go to zones that don't have associated exploration badges and don't require base portals to be the exit points, could we see this expanded to include some locations like Cimerora or the Midnight Club or Bloody Bay if a character hits certain milestones there (like the Irradiated badge or something?) I can see some rationale behind not always permitting Cooperative or PVP zones, but I can see those particular locations being nice perks for certain characters who spend lots of time there or have story-beats centered around them.

Also, this is unrelated to LRT, but I wanna thank you for the existence of Combat Teleport even though I've not had a chance to try it yet. I've realized that it's not an "auto-include" for my various teleportation-centric characters, and I like that kind of complexity in design building (plus it's exactly what one of my characters needs, even if I haven't, like, reworked her yet to try it out.)

Thanks for all the super-hard work!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Psyonico said:

On point 2: You should be able to put the power in your bar just like you used to be able to, unless this got changed.

I'll check for that the next time I play in case it was changed without me realizing it, but last I looked the only part of it I could see was in the sub-menu that pops up with the little Teleport Options menu thing. I can't recall if I checked it to see if it would take me to the Tiki Lounge instead of to the base portal. If so, I suppose I could bind something? I'd have to investigate ways to try and change the button icon in the tray, I'm pretty sure that's doable but I've never tried it out for myself.

On 1/7/2021 at 6:06 AM, arthurh35353 said:

You should be able to make a macro that uses the old log as the LRTP icon.

Aye. I meant to look into making macros today but work kinda got in the way. Hopefully over the weekend I'll be able to figure it out.

Okay, trying to puzzle through it right now. So far I'm at...

/macro_image "Teleportation_Pocket_D" "Pocket D VIP" "powexec_name Teleportation_Pocket_D"

...which creates a button! Alas, the button is nonfunctional. I'm guessing the command to teleport to Pocket D has a different name than its icon. I *can* replace the powexec command with the popmenu command for LRT, which isn't a perfect solution, but at least it'll get me to Pocket D even if not the VIP Club.

On 1/6/2021 at 7:11 PM, CraterLabs said:

Related to point 1, I miss my Pocket D VIP passport power. Would there be a way to get this back? I know there's technically a Pocket D option in the new LRT but, again, it takes me to Pocket D's base portal instead of Pocket D's VIP Lounge.

There is a band in the tiki of lounge. It's a nice touch.

You would be excused if you didn't know about it, however, because any time a player spawned in that location, it would break them and prevent them from spawning.  This is the main reason they moved pocket D's exit location.

For other zones:

Cimerora is time travel, so not part of teleportation.

Midnighter's I could see, since you would need access to obtain whatever badge they would place.. Their current mindset is that Founders Falls takes you to the university.

Bloody Bay is currently a technical "no." A pvp zone would need to check your alignment before calculating your exit point - which is not something currently programmed into LRTP.

On 1/10/2021 at 3:09 AM, Replacement said:

There is a band in the tiki of lounge. It's a nice touch.

You would be excused if you didn't know about it, however, because any time a player spawned in that location, it would break them and prevent them from spawning.  This is the main reason they moved pocket D's exit location.

Aye, I like that band. They didn't always break, though. Sometimes I showed up from behind them like I was part of the act.