My Little Spines/Fire Farmer

Mahomes

Couple of things if you boost stuff like 2 slotting hasten and build up with 2 lvl 50+5 recharge io's would get you the same recharge on the powers and save you 2 slots. The aegis proc that gives psi res in temp protection doesnt do anything for you in fire farms so that gets you another slot. If you swapped the luck of the gambler set out of manouvres for a reactive defense set you get the same defense and better recharge and some extra fire res (which you don't need but the luck of the gambler set gives you 0 useful bonuses in an ae fire farm except the piece giving 7.5%% rech). The 6th piece in quills and throw spines also gives a useless bonus fire farming and could be replaced with damage procs or moved elsewhere. Just an option. I'm glad your happy with the build and if it works for you thats great and your right 45% fire def and 90% fire res and you can farm with it no problem. If you look closely at the set bonuses especially the 6th one in most sets you'll see wiggle room for slotting other powers better or adding fun pieces like fury of the glad procs/posi chance for dmg/eradication chance for dmg in stuff like quills/throw spines and you don't even need to respec. Just buy an unslotter for almost 0 and throw in a dmg proc and see the difference.

• Like 1

Here is a different approach to a Spines/Fire build. I've been building and rebuilding my two farmers for several years now and this is the best one so far I think. Perma-hasten is easily achieved between Ageless and a FFB+Recharge proc from Ripper. Every attack has one or more procs, Fire Ball hits like a truck and recharges pretty quick even with no recharge enhancement in it thanks to the massive recharge numbers this build can pump out. It has 3 damage procs and they have a 72% chance to proc, which is nuts for an AoE power. I would definitely look into finding creative ways to add more procs into your build. It even has a -resistance proc in there too. Burn, Spine Burst, Fire Ball and Ripper are gapless, you will always have an AoE option. 

You can actually get to 90% Fire resistance easily without Plasma Shield. So many of the sets we use for farm builds have the 6% Fire, Cold resistance bonus, so dropping Plasma Shield means you can pick a more useful power and free up some slots. Both of our defense values are actually lower then they seem because of Stealth. So this build and your build are actually just under 42% Fire defense, which is more than enough if you either A. Have accolades or B. Are not AFK farming. I AFK farm with a Rad/Fire Brute with a build almost identical to this, they don't have accolades and neither has died on an AFK farm.

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 3.0.0.0
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/Hero-Designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Brute
Primary Power Set: Spines
Secondary Power Set: Fiery Aura
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Concealment
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Pyre Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Lunge -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), Hct-Acc/Rchg(15), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(17), Hct-Dam%(17)
Level 1: Fire Shield -- Ags-ResDam(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(3), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(3), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(45), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(45)
Level 2: Spine Burst -- ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg(A), ScrDrv-Dmg/EndRdx(42), ScrDrv-Acc/Rchg(43), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), ScrDrv-Dam%(43)
Level 4: Blazing Aura -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(9)
Level 6: Healing Flames -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(39), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(39), Prv-Heal/Rchg(40), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(40), Prv-Absorb%(40)
Level 8: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), RechRdx-I(45)
Level 10: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(11)
Level 12: Temperature Protection -- Ags-ResDam(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(13), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(13), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(46), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 14: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(50)
Level 16: Grant Invisibility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 18: Quills -- SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprBrtFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprBrtFur-Rech/Fury%(21), SprUnrFur-Rchg/+Regen/+End(23)
Level 20: Consume -- MckBrt-Taunt(A), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg(23), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg/Rng(25), MckBrt-Acc/Rchg(27), MckBrt-Taunt/Rng(27), MckBrt-Rchg(29)
Level 22: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(25), Ags-ResDam(37), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(37), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(39)
Level 26: Ripper -- ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg(A), ScrDrv-Dmg/EndRdx(34), ScrDrv-Acc/Rchg(34), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), ScrDrv-Dam%(36), FrcFdb-Rechg%(37)
Level 28: Burn -- Arm-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), Arm-Acc/Rchg(31), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(33), Arm-Dam%(34), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(46)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(31), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 32: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(33), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(33)
Level 35: Fiery Embrace -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(36)
Level 38: Tactics -- HO:Cyto(A)
Level 41: Char -- Empty(A)
Level 44: Melt Armor -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A)
Level 47: Fire Ball -- Ann-Acc/Dmg(A), Ann-ResDeb%(48), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48), PstBls-Dam%(48), JvlVll-Dam%(50), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(50)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Fury 
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(42), Mrc-Rcvry+(42)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(9), PrfShf-End%(11)
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon 
------------

Edited by Camel
  • Like 2

And also, the values seem off, first time using the new Mids for the post, but base I have I believe 49.22% fire defense and yes 90%+ resistance, so there is a lot of room to play.

During a run my choice of Invisibilty and skipping the Fitness pool and the omnipresent Tough and Weave came up. For me Invisibilty gives a base 8% fire defense (I believe working from memory), and with the just using the native slot for a LoG 7.5% recharge it seemed like a no brainer over Weave. 2 powers no extra slots, 3 powers that have to be slotted to be at all useful. 

Thoughts?

Edited by Mahomes

1 hour ago, Mahomes said:

And also, the values seem off, first time using the new Mids for the post, but base I have I believe 49.22% fire defense and yes 90%+ resistance, so there is a lot of room to play.

During a run my choice of Invisibilty and skipping the Fitness pool and the omnipresent Tough and Weave came up. For me Invisibilty gives a base 8% fire defense (I believe working from memory), and with the just using the native slot for a LoG 7.5% recharge it seemed like a no brainer over Weave. 2 powers no extra slots, 3 powers that have to be slotted to be at all useful. 

Thoughts?

You can't use attacks with Invisibility on. Also, Stealth gets half of its defense value taken away once you attack or are attacked. They are good for LoTG mules and the like. Not much else, at least not in a farming scenario.

• 3 weeks later

Not a fan of Spines/, just can't get a build I like with enough recharge. 

• not enough recharge without incarnate since the buff tends to reduce over time at under a minute its like 90ish recharge. 
  • Farming is about speed, not endurance and way too many +end, +recovery, and regen or +Heal procs that do absolutely nothing
  • The +HP armor IO; +100 hps not doing anything.
  • 15 slots wasted in Aegis sets when you only need 9 (base + 2 in the x3 powers), for a total of +4.5 defense on the 5th bonus x3 where as if you went with the Tough pool you could easily get +3 defense from the first 3rd bonus and 3 defense (base) on weave. so thats like 8% defense after weave slotted + the aegis from tough.
  • No -resist procs, Burn with the fury of the gladiator and Fireball with Annihilation (if you can squeeze it in; the Winter set for AoE seems like a waste to me when you can use 5 slot Ragnorok with a proc for damage and the Annihilation -resist as 6th).
  • Speed is key, more recharge gets Firey Embrace and Melt back faster (to use the -resist proc in Achilles)

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

8 hours ago, Outrider_01 said:

Not a fan of Spines/, just can't get a build I like with enough recharge. 

• not enough recharge without incarnate since the buff tends to reduce over time at under a minute its like 90ish recharge. 
  • Farming is about speed, not endurance and way too many +end, +recovery, and regen or +Heal procs that do absolutely nothing
  • The +HP armor IO; +100 hps not doing anything.
  • 15 slots wasted in Aegis sets when you only need 9 (base + 2 in the x3 powers), for a total of +4.5 defense on the 5th bonus x3 where as if you went with the Tough pool you could easily get +3 defense from the first 3rd bonus and 3 defense (base) on weave. so thats like 8% defense after weave slotted + the aegis from tough.
  • No -resist procs, Burn with the fury of the gladiator and Fireball with Annihilation (if you can squeeze it in; the Winter set for AoE seems like a waste to me when you can use 5 slot Ragnorok with a proc for damage and the Annihilation -resist as 6th).
  • Speed is key, more recharge gets Firey Embrace and Melt back faster (to use the -resist proc in Achilles)
  • I don't quite understand what you mean about "not enough recharge" - not enough for what, exactlly? I see what you mean now, sorry, missed it.  Not a real issue for me on the recharge time for those.
  • I agree, is the speed I posted for the farm I typically run (19823) slow?  I seem to be getting a lot of positive feedback on the speed - just under 13 mins solo.  Is that slow?
  • The +HP buffs are just a personal quirk - rather than pile up accolades, just throw in a bunch of +HP, +Heal, +END, etc. Procs and sets
  • I've been pondering the slots and where to put them, and the Aegis sets definitely are on the top of my list.  Like I said, built on the fly and not min/maxed, but there is no way I am taking Weave, or the Fighting Pool, but that again is just a personal decision to build it outside of the cookie cutter builds I see all over the place
  • Definitely eyeballing getting Fiery Embrace and Melt Armor on faster recharges, Melt Armor is a huge help
  •  
  • Appreciate the feedback! 
Edited by Mahomes

Fighting isn't a bad pool,you can give up concealment pool for +22.5% recharge from the single slot, get the 8% from the defence I mentioned, slot 1 7.5% gambler in Weave, shift those Aegis slots you now can free up to something like the heal and pick up another 7.5% gained recharge with a net loss of 7.5%.  But, you still have a few slots as well as the excessive recovery procs, so you can slot the Endurance recovery power with mocking beratement taunt set which nets +3 fire defense and another 7.5% recharge.  Net loss, no recharge and 12% defense gained which means you can now replace several of the Winter sets for something like a common IO (crushing impact in melee )set 5% recharge  at 5 bonus.

But not trying to say you need to take fighting, just what you can do with it.  Its a give and take, what can you give up to shuffle around.  One thing when building, set a goal like higher recharge and try not to depend on Winter sets just because it looks easy for defense.  Once you have a build, keep tweaking it and fit in things like -resist or +recharge procs over plain damage procs as well as not slotting for endurance recovery.  You could probably cut down that 18 mins to 12, I use a Psi/Fire for shits because its simular to a SS/fire and its only about 6 mins longer on your normal 5 part Briggs maps.  If I can get myself motivated I might try that map you suggest, been taking a break from CoH for a bit.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

6 hours ago, Black_Assassin said:

just disable the common and uncommon recipes and it is no longer a problem 😛

Always forget, but does it block generic recipies?  Cause like 20 of those are worth half a briggs map

1 minute ago, Outrider_01 said:

Always forget, but does it block generic recipies?  Cause like 20 of those are worth half a briggs map

I disables the white recipes that make generic IOs yes. For me I cannot be bothered to have to sell every run or 2 it just is a chore so i disable them. I am only looking for Purples and PvP recipes really.

@Black Assassin - Torchbearer

1 minute ago, Black_Assassin said:

I disables the white recipes that make generic IOs yes. For me I cannot be bothered to have to sell every run or 2 it just is a chore so i disable them. I am only looking for Purples and PvP recipes really.

Cash wise, the whites are worth more then a single purple in the long run which you can purchase if you need one that hasn't dropped.  There is less chance of a purple dropping let alone one you need if you don't want to convert it, but you won't really fill 80 recipe slots that quickly.  All I do is run until its near full, make anything that looks promising like def/resist IO sets and build at 500k cost, what ever salvage drops, and usually at least 5 converts to turn a Red Fortune into a Luck of the Gambler, then convert inside the Gambler set until 7.5% recharge; save like 4 million in the process.  Def/Res/Heal IO sets have the best convert ability with only 6 sets, something like melee/range has 20 plus the 6 different IOs in the bigger so its like hundreds of different converts vs maybe 12 at the worst on def/resist/heal.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Outrider_01 said:

Ok, clocked in just shy of 12.  Would probably be closer to 10 if I wasn't deleting recipes so I didn't lose out on a possible purple drop.

Woot woot just ran one in 12:07, no inspirations.  Thanks for posting a time I can relate my times to.

14 hours ago, Mahomes said:

Woot woot just ran one in 12:07, no inspirations.  Thanks for posting a time I can relate my times to.

9:55 mins, less one bastard who ran off and stopped when aggro cap was hit while too far away.

Just a single run, might try an average of a couple if I get the chance.

Oh, and use inspirations as well as macros to convert to red while eating them with a single click.  It will greatly speed up your completition times, for the days you want to burn through them fast or don't need them just to cruise on your lazy days.  I am usually able to stay about 300% damage cap, doesn't happen often I can keep +500% with small inspirations.  Need to try conversions for bigger macros at the same time.

Edited by Outrider_01

That was a dry baseline run so to speak, no lore pets, no inspirations.  Will do some max speed runs with large reds and pets to help pull large groupings tight to me.  I typically just keep a tray of large reds, gobble as needed, and still need to respec to get some better recharge overall and in specific powers.  Still a work in progress.

2 hours ago, Mahomes said:

That was a dry baseline run so to speak, no lore pets, no inspirations.  Will do some max speed runs with large reds and pets to help pull large groupings tight to me.  I typically just keep a tray of large reds, gobble as needed, and still need to respec to get some better recharge overall and in specific powers.  Still a work in progress.

10:39 with maximum effort 🙂

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Mahomes said:

10:39 with maximum effort 🙂

9:40 ish, Ion judement 2.5 second animation eats up time.  God I hate that incarnate, going have to go Pyro with its 1 sec animation, an extra 8 targets isn't worth the 1.5 more seconds.  Now, just need to get the Lore pet; I am a lazy bastard when it comes to Incarnate.

Edited by Outrider_01

11 hours ago, Outrider_01 said:

9:40 ish, Ion judement 2.5 second animation eats up time.  God I hate that incarnate, going have to go Pyro with its 1 sec animation, an extra 8 targets isn't worth the 1.5 more seconds.  Now, just need to get the Lore pet; I am a lazy bastard when it comes to Incarnate.

Nice, lore pet is yuge.  I will look into the fire, thats interesting on the animation time.