A /played Command?

Legree

Whilst looking around Aeon City for a civilian whose name began with an M I ended up fighting two Goldbrickers, three Luddites and at least half a dozen Arachnos goons.  All this to answer my idle curiosity about how long I'd been on that character.

The lack of a /played command is filling the streets of the Rogue Isles (and Paragon City) with incidents of unintentional violence.  Please implement a /played command to tell us how long we've been on a character, and so keep the streets clear for incidents of intentional violence.

• Like 2

The passing civilians can tell you. They are coded by the first letter of their name:

• E: Edna and Ernest will tell you the official (real-world) server time, which is likely off by several time zones for you.
  • F: Frank and Francesca will tell you the official in-game time. (See below for details.)
  • G: Gordon and Greta will tell you how many players - "masks" - are in the zone currently.
  • M: Max, Mongo and Mary will tell you the number of hours your current alt has been in the game.
  • N: Nick, Nora and Nanoo will tell you the number of times your current alt has logged in.
  • O: Oscar and Olivia will tell you how long your current alt has been on this server-day.

Note the last three.

You can find a suitable civ using the master targeting bind:

/bind ADD "target_custom_next base"

Need to know? Find a stream of civs and whack NumPad-plus until the right one lights up. Hit (F)follow and tap them.

Yes, I suppose a slash command could be used to please the impatient. But asking is so much more... fun.

(In game time, by the way, is a 24-hour decimal clock (100 'minutes' per hour) on a 30-minute cycle.)

Further thought on implementation: add the numbers to the Combat Numbers list. Easy to look up, even easier to add to a display panel.

Edited by Shenanigunner
  • Like 2

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

I like that the option to talk is there, for those who want to "play" through some vs NPC RP. Not quite my thing, but it's definitely important for those it is. (I don't RP, because I lack the social agility to keep up, and type really slow too... but I enjoy being around those who do, because they create a dynamic environment, always more interesting than static NPCs)

But yeah, I agree the best option might be to just put the numbers in a heading under combat attributes or something like that.

• Like 1