Plant/Kin/Soul Build Critique

The_Warpact

So I'm at the point where I can do the final build on my lil Preatorian DE loyalist monster...yeah a confusing one. Anywho, I went primarily for mez res, regen, and recovery to a lesser degree. I play this toon as an in your face attack, buff, attack, buff, you get the point, I took Soul as I love the power choices and frankly in melee as a troller its a seat of the pants kind of the fun and soul helps. I almost play it as my elec/psi domi, in the middle of stuff lashing out and causing chaos quickly and buffing myself to keep me rolling.

I went with mez as I hate being held, immob, stunned, etc, this build has no Incarnate choices as of yet, and while I realize Clarion would help with my hatred of mez, I have to get to that point first and this build is going to get me there.

So with out further adieu, my build.

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.3.1
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Mirethorn Reaver: Level 50 Magic Controller
Primary Power Set: Plant Control
Secondary Power Set: Kinetics
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Experimentation
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Strangler -- Dvs-Hold%(A), Dvs-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 1: Transfusion -- TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Heal/HP/Regen(A), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(40), TchoftheN-Heal(43), TchoftheN-Acc/Heal(46)
Level 2: Roots -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(3), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(3), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(5), Ann-ResDeb%(7), Ann-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7)
Level 4: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(5)
Level 6: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 8: Seeds of Confusion -- CrcPrs-Conf(A), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg(9), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(9), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg(11), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(11), CrcPrs-Conf%(13)
Level 10: Siphon Speed -- PcnoftheT-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow(A), PcnoftheT-Acc/EndRdx(13)
Level 12: Speed of Sound -- WntGif-RunSpd/Jump/Fly/Rng(A), WntGif-RunSpd/Jump/Fly/Rng/EndRdx(15)
Level 14: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 16: Increase Density -- StdPrt-ResKB(A)
Level 18: Vines -- SprEnt-Acc/Hold/End/Rchg(A), SprEnt-Acc/Hold/End(19), SprEnt-End/Rchg(19)
Level 20: Speed Boost -- PwrTrns-EndMod(A), PwrTrns-Dam/Acc/End(21)
Level 22: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def(23), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(23), Rct-ResDam%(25)
Level 24: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(25), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(27), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(27), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(29), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(33)
Level 26: Carrion Creepers -- Artl-End/Rech/Rng(A), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(37), Ann-ResDeb%(39), Ann-Dmg/Rchg(39), SprOvrPrs-Rchg/Energy Font(40), SprOvrPrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(40)
Level 28: Inertial Reduction -- WntGif-RunSpd/Jump/Fly/Rng(A), WntGif-RunSpd/Jump/Fly/Rng/EndRdx(29)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def(31), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(31), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(31)
Level 32: Fly Trap -- SlbAll-Dmg(A), SlbAll-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SvrRgh-PetResDam(33), EdcoftheM-PetDef(34), TchofLadG-DefDeb(34), TchofLadG-DefDeb/EndRdx(34)
Level 35: Transference -- EffAdp-EndMod(A), EffAdp-EndMod/Rchg(36), EffAdp-EndMod/Acc/Rchg(36), EffAdp-Acc/Rchg(36), EffAdp-EndMod/Acc(37), EffAdp-EndMod/EndRdx(37)
Level 38: Fulcrum Shift -- EndRdx-I(A), Acc-I(39)
Level 41: Dark Embrace -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(42), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(42), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(42), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(43), GldArm-3defTpProc(43)
Level 44: Dark Consumption -- Arm-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Acc/Rchg(45), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(45), PreOptmz-Acc/Rech(45), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/End(46), PreOptmz-EndMod/End/Rech(46)
Level 47: Soul Drain -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Arm-Dam%(48), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(48), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(50), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(50)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Containment 
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(17), Mrc-Rcvry+(21)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PwrTrns-EndMod(15), PwrTrns-+Heal(17)
------------

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

I've played 3 different plant toons, my first one was a plant/kin. Loved it until I moved onto the dom.

Do you really need assault, FS AND soul drain? I know you like the soul set but you're gonna be hitting the dam cap on the regs. Similarly, I don't think you'll be so low on end to need Consumption. Stone might be better because you get a panic heal, a power for the FF proc that offers mitigation, some needed defence (I'd rather avoid getting hit than take more hits) however it is uuuuuuuugly. Psi's mez prot is alright and with Siphon speed you could probably get it perma.

I'd probably move things round to get tactics over assault because when the seeds miss you KNOW about it.
Personally, I find the pet always dies. I took it once, unless I remember to SB it then it's just gonna start rotting behind me. It also doesn't get into melee enough to get an FS benefit.

I find Plant lacks some ST damage. So Strangler is in my rotation a LOT once the mobs have killed each other in confusion. I usually 5/6 slot it. It'll recharge quick enough to hold a boss. I'd probably put more in there.

I've never put the font proc in carrions. I read the summon wouldnt work on pets (saw someone talking about putting it in the grav's singularity) but happy to be corrected. Probably just another damage proc might be better.

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

50 minutes ago, Xiddo said:

I've played 3 different plant toons, my first one was a plant/kin. Loved it until I moved onto the dom.

Do you really need assault, FS AND soul drain? I know you like the soul set but you're gonna be hitting the dam cap on the regs. Similarly, I don't think you'll be so low on end to need Consumption. Stone might be better because you get a panic heal, a power for the FF proc that offers mitigation, some needed defence (I'd rather avoid getting hit than take more hits) however it is uuuuuuuugly. Psi's mez prot is alright and with Siphon speed you could probably get it perma.

I'd probably move things round to get tactics over assault because when the seeds miss you KNOW about it.
Personally, I find the pet always dies. I took it once, unless I remember to SB it then it's just gonna start rotting behind me. It also doesn't get into melee enough to get an FS benefit.

I find Plant lacks some ST damage. So Strangler is in my rotation a LOT once the mobs have killed each other in confusion. I usually 5/6 slot it. It'll recharge quick enough to hold a boss. I'd probably put more in there.

I've never put the font proc in carrions. I read the summon wouldnt work on pets (saw someone talking about putting it in the grav's singularity) but happy to be corrected. Probably just another damage proc might be better.

I will make changes and look over numbers in Mids, I'll have to look up the font info you have provided.

The team I run this toon with is comprised of domi/trollers so there are pets all over, plus, I find I love my murderous Aloe Vera when she is speed boosted she's monstrous.

I also didn't realize sb wasn't permad apparently I overlooked that.

As I said I will view changes you suggested, figure out if it is effective for team success and let you know.

Thank you for your time to look over the build.

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

Tbh the re-applying of SB should hit the trap if you're on a team, as you'll need to reapply it quite often anyway. Can't remember the duration.
I haven't looked at my plant/kin in a while. I think in it's last iteration I was able to get the sorcery pool for Rune of Prot. It's not perma, never can be from what I can tell, but its a solid help and gives me some resistances too. I was cash strapped and took some of the lovely stuff from it and put it into the dom, and am only now building him back up.
If you're desperate for slots you could lose one of the unbreakable guards in both tough and dark embrace. They're only adding 2x3.75 toxic and psi res and the 6.25 mez reduction, when one Impervious Skin: Status Resistance is 7.5% reduction. 

However if you're with a lot of other controllers/doms then maybe you dont need mez prot! There's probably enough buffs going around anyway. Sounds like fun chaos 🙂 
Happy to help. I'd post a build for reference but Im on the work computer atm.

• Like 1

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png