Mind/Force Field advice please

ANTIREG

I'm a brand new player.  What powers/inherent traits should I prioritize for enhancements?  Looking at the pool powers on paragonwiki, my character concept includes the Experimentation and Psionic Mastery pools.  Any help would be great.

Experimentation, along with Gadgetry, Force of Will, and Utility Belt, were origin pools planned for release but never finished. They are not currently an option available to choose, though hopefully in the future they will be. Only the Sorcery origin pool made it to finished status and is available.

7hZ6srn.png

Kyriani-Nic-Jem

both powers in their own right are good but you will find that particular combination very difficult to play solo, and probably tricky as a novice.

Mind control is good because many opponents are weak to psionic powers, but it is (mostly) single target enemies and doesn't do a huge amount of damage.

Similarly, FF is good defensively on a team, but doesn't have too much damage for it and won't help keep you alive easily.

If you're in a regular team, like a supergroup or similar, your team mates will benefit greatly but I'd suggest you go for something more solo friendly initially while you figure out what you like.

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

Your best bet would be the WhisperWitch guides on the old forums:

Building a WarTroller

- sadly this is before IO-Sets and inherent Fitness Pool, but you can get a basic idea

Tactic's for Mind Control / Force Field

- this is an amazing read for advanced tactics with your powers

There was an advanced video guide for I20 but sadly this video (and all the rest of them) aren't available on youtube anymore.

I really hope someone saved them and might re-upload them.

back in the days: Zukunft (EU) ... nowadays: Everlasting