Strong combinations

Chaos Ex Machina

I want some dominators with effective combinations that will not make me want archetype respecs.

Rank these potential combinations with plant:

Thorn

Energy - considering the force feedback IO potential to permadom

Elec

What OTHER than Fire is especially strong with Psi assault

I don't care for thorns personally, just never liked it. Energy is great single target damage, similar to elec, with a slight bit of AOE. They would both be fine I'd imagine. However I would not depend on FF IOs for permadom. Early levels they will help you get there, but they are really inconsistent and depend on you activating those powers and proccing with them quite often. They won't help you build dom or keep it going outside of fights, so it's best to permadom another way and use those to give you more cushion. Just my two cents.

I've build quite a few plant doms over the years, and my favorites are probably plant/stone and plant/ma, but both tend toward being in melee often. Plant/psi in the old days was pretty effective. I'd like to say good things about savagery, but man it just doesn't play too well.

1. Electric. Amazing damage, mostly single target.

2. Thorn. Good damage, better AoE than Electric.

3. Energy. Amazing damage, but very poor AoE.

AoE is important because of Seeds of Confusion.

Ice Control is awesome with Psi Assault:

Complimentary -recharge effects.

Arctic Air + Ice Slick + Drain Psyche + Psychic Shockwave is pbaoe awesomesauce.

I've had a ton of fun with Plant/Energy. I haven't tried Thorns or Electric, but the FF proc makes Energy really strong.

I wouldn't use Force Feedback to get perma-dom, but it's not that hard to get a pile of Global Recharge for Perma-dom.  But Force Feedback is really strong and helps the Plant/NRG AoE a lot. 

I slot FF into Psionic Tornado and Snipe, slotted out Tactics+Mind Link to get the Snipe instant, and avoid recharge in Snipe/Psionic Tornado.  Instant Snipe is great, and procs FF 80% of the time.  With Hasten+Global Recharge for perma-dom, Instant Snipe alone is good uptime on FF.  If you're doing AoE work, Psionic Tornado is a very reliable FF proc at 4+ targets.  Snipe+Roots+Whirling Hands+Roots+Psionic Tornado burns end like crazy, but the FF recharge makes things cycle super fast.  Don't slot any recharge alongside FF, my testing showed that it cuts the proc rate considerably.

Looking at powers the ranking of best to worst AOE by numerical analysis:

Martial - utterly dominates but it's SL - does that matter?

Psi - less resistance

Dark

Ice

Savage? - statistics are bizarre

Fire

Thorn

Energy

Radiation

Electric

Earth

Am I right?  Is voltaic sentinel any good?