Can we get an AE portal and hologram for the SG base?

I'm a massive roleplayer and I love using the AE to create narratives for myself and others. One of my biggest grievances with how AE currently works is that access to missions is confined only to the big green portal inside the AE building. It doesn't help with immersion at all when my SG is about to plunder the treasures of a mystical cavern, and the entrance to said cavern is through a big glowing cylinder inside a large tech lab. Not only that, but there's usually lots of intermittent RP that takes place between missions as we discuss our next course of action in the story. I'd love to have that RP take place inside the base  that my SG worked so hard on creating. Devs gave players tremendous freedom in designing the base, why shouldn't it have a more practical use in the AE?

I would say its impossible, you exit an AE it will kick you to a map not the SG.  SG are considered an instanced map.  AE are instanced maps.  All teleports go to the world map from instance maps, including a mission door which is a "teleport" click.  You would be going from SG to AE, which is mission to mission, as both SG and AE are instance maps that players can mess around with; SG you can change the environment and AE you can change the NPC characters.

Better option would be to allow missions to be generated in AE and use a world map door, you can assign a zone which then picks a random door.  Maybe you just set the faction or create the NPC, then set the options for map type to be generated (you don't pick the map floor plan, its generated like any other map).  Access through a contact like a detective or the contact list.  Don't think its possible to assign a door type, paper missions go through a swanky and well to do office right into the cesspit of the sewer.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

I don't know if it has the same issue as the AH, either, with trying to load in another database. I don't think the hit would be anywhere near as bad, though - the issue Outrider brings up of not having a static map to return you to is likely the bigger issue.

If that could be worked around, *I* wouldn't be arguing against it, certainly.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.