build MM here

Enzat

I didn't quite understand the first sentence, but this is a good place to get help with builds.

Some players don't like to play beast mastery, I am one, but I would gladly help with any issues you have with electrical affinity. What are your goals for this spec? MOAR damage? High recharge? solo build, group play, farmer?

Beasts are fine. They aren't the best MM primary, but neither are they the worst. They do excellent single target damage, but their AoE is fairly weak. They have the advantage of being able to use a number of useful procs, and the disadvantage of not having an extra power able to take pet enhancements and so have to mule the defense and resistance auras in their active pets. They are tougher than most other MM pets, but you don't notice it much because, being purely melee focused, they also are exposed to more damage than most other MM pets.

I can't speak much about Electrical Affinity, though.

The Beast set is also one of the few MM sets that actual useful non=pet-based powers in the primary too, especially if you proc them some.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

One thing I didn't mention is that normally Beasts, being almost entirely melee based, would have some issues with flying enemies. However, the personal attacks in the set offer -Fly, and thus can be used to pull enemies flying frustrating out of range from your pets down to the earth where their faces can be properly eaten. While I don't recommend Mastermind personal attacks as a major source of damage, Beast Mastery offers better ones than most others, with proc opportunities as Clave Dark 5 mentioned above, and a special effect that is in some situations highly useful to your pets.

2 hours ago, Enzat2 said:

i tried beast/AE but it's not fun 😕

i would prefere to be DPS oriented but my pets are so weak and die a lot .... 
think i have no choice to be hybrid build 😞

Beast are not duty

Beasts are actually pretty durable for MM pets, especially since they are melee. They're one of the few pet powersets that work really well with /kin on MM's. I have a feeling from your posts that perhaps English is a second language for you, but we're really kind of lacking information in what you're asking.

ElecAff is a fairly offensive secondary; I have not yet tried it with beasts (but now I think I might), but it should be holding up fine. You should be healing them, keeping them in your bubble, boosting their damage, and even giving them absorb shields if you're high enough level for it. The rez can even be used somewhat offensively like the rez in /dark. And you should be throwing in at least one MM primary attack to help build stacks of pack mentality. If you're still taking a lot of damage, then you should be popping fortify pack.

Without more information, it's a bit difficult to figure out how we can help you. Though now I may go try this combo myself to see what I can get out of it. I can see it being a bit late-blooming, but that applies to most sets.

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

12 hours ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

Beasts are actually pretty durable for MM pets, especially since they are melee. They're one of the few pet powersets that work really well with /kin on MM's. I have a feeling from your posts that perhaps English is a second language for you, but we're really kind of lacking information in what you're asking.

ElecAff is a fairly offensive secondary; I have not yet tried it with beasts (but now I think I might), but it should be holding up fine. You should be healing them, keeping them in your bubble, boosting their damage, and even giving them absorb shields if you're high enough level for it. The rez can even be used somewhat offensively like the rez in /dark. And you should be throwing in at least one MM primary attack to help build stacks of pack mentality. If you're still taking a lot of damage, then you should be popping fortify pack.

Without more information, it's a bit difficult to figure out how we can help you. Though now I may go try this combo myself to see what I can get out of it. I can see it being a bit late-blooming, but that applies to most sets.

Thank you for your reponse. of english are not my first langage but i understand well.

Beast/AE are not enough offensive for me and my pet are extremely weak.

actually, i looking for MM build with more offensive/DPS build and less all time die pet. is that possible ?

A friend send me to turn on beast/time and i see my pet all time alive. Very nice. But my DPS are not really visible.

did have a build with same survivability and more action/DPS ?

Edited by Enzat2
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Enzat2 said:

Thank you for your reponse. of english are not my first langage but i understand well.

actually, i looking for MM build with more offensive/DPS build and less all time die pet. is that possible ?

A friend send me to turn on beast/time and i see my pet all time alive. Very nice. But my DPS are not really visible.

I'm not real good at making builds, so I'll leave others to help in that regard, however, I'm thinking that maybe Beasts are not the powerset for you. 🙂 You might enjoy Demons, Thugs, or Bots better. All of those typically have higher damage than beasts and are probably sturdier (for you) since they don't live in melee. ElecAff is a pretty solid set and good combined with the three sets I mentioned. Time is also quite strong if you want a set that's not quite as busy. Honestly, you can pair Demons, Thugs, or Bots with almost any secondary that you want. The standouts are likely: Time, Dark, ElecAff, Storm, and maybe Cold or Thermal.

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

On 2/24/2021 at 4:42 AM, Enzat2 said:

What level are you reaching when you decide against a set combo?

Beasts deal some of the best single target damage of any MM Primary. You may have better luck with Thugs or Demons if you don't like the single target focus, but it will come fairly late. Robotics will be even more AoE focused than Thugs or Demons, at the expense of fairly wretched single target damage - but again, it comes fairly late. Masterminds are a late blooming AT - I don't know of any primary that really feels strong before level 32 when you get the second pet upgrade. And regardless of primary, your personal damage output as a Mastermind will be lackluster at best.

• Like 1