Dat combo system

Aeroprism

Them dual blades.

I've rolled 3 DB characters so far but the two first (scrappers) were deleted at a very low level, I didn't enjoy the feel.  I have a DB stalker and so far she is GREAT but I fully understand that a DB stalker does not make good use of the combo system, the rotation has got to be tight.

So if I want to make a DB character where I can fully appreciate the combos? Play with them, use them to manipulate the field of battle and cackle like a maniac? 

I was thinking Brute.

I was thinking, DB/Rad brute.  I like rad armor but on my RAD/RAD scrapper, I generally die because I fall asleep because every attack is too darn low.

Am I heading toward another deleted alt?  Anything else that could work well with DB?  I love clicking things.

Anyone with this combo or something similar?

Well the combo system on Scrappers, Brutes, and Tankers is identical.  The Stalker has a different set of powers linked to starters, links, and finishers.  

The combo system of DB in general is really lackluster.  However, if you want to explore some options thematically, then the Tanker is a thought.  

Weaken and Empower both require Nimble Slash which is mandatory.  So at least you're making use out of that pick.  Both of these effects link into Ablative Strike.  The finisher is what is different.  Typhoon's Edge or Blinding Feint.  You should take both anyway.  

Attack Vitals is the DPS combo of merit on Scrappers/Brutes/Tankers.  This means you could skip One Thousand Cuts which has a long animation anyway.  Blinding Feint -> Attack Vitals is a achievable with reasonable levels of global recharge.  You can do this without Hasten but you'll need some IO bonuses with recharge.  Still, this is the most flexible option.  

The Stalker versions of the combos kinda suck.   Sweep will probably just happen as you play, and there may be times where Empower tickles your fancy.  Attack Vitals on Stalkers is worse than the other ATs, but hey it gets you a cone effect before you unlock Sweeping Strike at 26.  

So my vote on pretending that anything other than Attack Vitals holds any relevance would be the Tanker.  You could pull it off on a Brute too.  

12 hours ago, Hew said:

You can do stupid damage with db with zero comboing. IIRC, the top damage from a scrapper db uses zero combos. Just lots and lots of rech.

Yup yup, it's what most builds seem to indicate.  I was just curious to see if the combos were useful at all.  According to the resident experts: not really.  Kind of a real shame when spamming 2-3 powers from a set outperforms the mechanic that set was designed to use.