Energy Aura - Disrupt

Shred Monkey

While leveling up my /EA stalker, I picked up disrupt just to play with it.  I'm curious what others think of this power?

I'm playing an EM/EA, so I have the endurance to run disrupt, so no downside there.  And I can combine with with Total Focus to perma-stun.  I ran some purple patch calculations and determined the duration needed based on my attack chain.  And so with just a little +stun enhancement, I now perma-stun +3 bosses.  I'm even able to perma-stun AVs when their "Purple Triangles of Doom" are down.   (and Nightstar was perma-stunned for the whole fight, despite the PToD for some reason).  This has been great against enemies like Carnies and Arachnos who have psi-heavy bosses, or to stop Fake Nemesis and Paragon protectors from using their Phase and T9 powers, etc. 

I never intended to take disrupt when I planned this toon, but now I'm keeping it.  I could see this being used the same way for many other sets that have a reliable stun.

• Like 2

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

100% skippable, also ugly, imo. Energy melee can stack so much stun mag by itself, but if you have space for it why not. On my high recharge energy melee stalker i use adrenal booster with nearly 50% uptime. The +special gives a boost to all your stun duration making stacking easier, however with fitting in adrenal booster it might be more difficult to also fit in disrupt.

Currently on fire.