Riot Ball: The IC Superpowered Ball Game!

CoGDork

I came up with an IC ball game for superpowered players (it's IC-only because it obviously can't be done in-game)! It's based on an idea I came up with for a My Hero Academia fanfic I'm writing, with modified rules. It's called Riot Ball!

Ym4KhMR.png

The rules are complicated, so I can't list them all here (here's a link to a zip containing the complete rules and the above image for your offline convenience), but I'll give the basic rundown.

Riot Ball is a 16 vs 16 player game; players are divided into "Red Team" and "Blue Team". Each team has three goals to defend, and two dedicated goalies; two of the goals are in the corner of your side of the field and can only be scored in by round balls that spawn in the center of the field. Each score in these "secondary goals" is worth one point. But the real action comes with the titular Riot Ball! Shaped like an American Football, the Riot Ball is the only one that can score in the Primary Goal in the center of each team's side of the field. Score with that, you get 10 points! The Riot Ball can only be scored with by one player on each team, designated the Ball Carrier. Anyone can carry the Riot Ball, but only the BC can score with it!

But that's not all. The field is littered with high walls and low walls that provide obstacles and cover for players as they battle for supremacy. Use of superpowers, magic, and/or support gear is both allowed and encouraged (to an extent)! It's an explosively exciting, chaotic, high-scoring game! PLAY BALL!

Feel free to use this info in your own personal stories, RP, or any context you like!

(Playing field image made in RPG Maker VX Ace, with use of Lunarea's Modern Day tileset)

Edited by CoGDork

3 hours ago, CoGDork said:

I came up with an IC ball game for superpowered players (it's IC-only because it obviously can't be done in-game)! It's based on an idea I came up with for a My Hero Academia fanfic I'm writing, with modified rules. It's called Riot Ball!

Reveal hidden contents

Ym4KhMR.png

The rules are complicated, so I can't list them all here (here's a link to a zip containing the complete rules and the above image for your offline convenience), but I'll give the basic rundown.

Riot Ball is a 16 vs 16 player game; players are divided into "Red Team" and "Blue Team". Each team has three goals to defend, and two dedicated goalies; two of the goals are in the corner of your side of the field and can only be scored in by round balls that spawn in the center of the field. Each score in these "secondary goals" is worth one point. But the real action comes with the titular Riot Ball! Shaped like an American Football, the Riot Ball is the only one that can score in the Primary Goal in the center of each team's side of the field. Score with that, you get 10 points! The Riot Ball can only be scored with by one player on each team, designated the Ball Carrier. Anyone can carry the Riot Ball, but only the BC can score with it!

But that's not all. The field is littered with high walls and low walls that provide obstacles and cover for players as they battle for supremacy. Use of superpowers, magic, and/or support gear is both allowed and encouraged (to an extent)! It's an explosively exciting, chaotic, high-scoring game! PLAY BALL!

Feel free to use this info in your own personal stories, RP, or any context you like!

(Playing field image made in RPG Maker VX Ace, with use of Lunarea's Modern Day tileset)

Or we could just do Repel Ball!

Repel-Ball.thumb.jpg.51f63da57d20f9086f4ba64c1a709bbd.jpg

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!