Burn vs. Fireball

Ukase

This is really quite silly - and may have more to do with my eyesight than anything..but, in a mission, I attempted to use burn while following a teammate I had targeted. More to keep tabs on where they were, but in any event, it was so strange...burn wouldn't execute. In white letters, "invalid target" kept displaying. I thought, "strange", burn doesn't require a target. It finally dawned on me, that I was mashing Fireball instead. I tend to do fiery embrace, burn, fireball in my attack chain, and somehow the two got switched. Or I put them in the wrong place after the latest respec. Either way - the two powers look EXACTLY alike. I'd like some difference between them. 

49 minutes ago, Ukase said:

This is really quite silly - and may have more to do with my eyesight than anything..but, in a mission, I attempted to use burn while following a teammate I had targeted. More to keep tabs on where they were, but in any event, it was so strange...burn wouldn't execute. In white letters, "invalid target" kept displaying. I thought, "strange", burn doesn't require a target. It finally dawned on me, that I was mashing Fireball instead. I tend to do fiery embrace, burn, fireball in my attack chain, and somehow the two got switched. Or I put them in the wrong place after the latest respec. Either way - the two powers look EXACTLY alike. I'd like some difference between them. 

They have different icons both in terms of targeted AoE ring vs location AoE ring and also different colors.

They look identical to me. Same shade/color, some ring of white on the outside. Same burst design on the icon. Identical. 

burn vs fireball.gif

But - I hit enter - and here, I see a difference. In game, I don't. They look the same, I promise, not trying to be contrarian. Maybe it's my eyes. 

Edited by Ukase

1 hour ago, Ukase said:

They look identical to me. Same shade/color, some ring of white on the outside. Same burst design on the icon. Identical. 

burn vs fireball.gif

But - I hit enter - and here, I see a difference. In game, I don't. They look the same, I promise, not trying to be contrarian. Maybe it's my eyes. 

It might just be the resolution you play at as well.  The power icons lose some detail when they are upscaled.