Lost Connection to Mapserver

Raminar_Dixon

Hi all, I'm hoping someone here can help.

I get the error "Lost Connection to Mapserver" all the time these days. I want to say I first noticed it occurring after the update that removed the "Safe Mode" option last year (but I can't say for sure)-- I just remember I gave up playing for a while back then sort of hoping it would be resolved. However, over the last month or two I've been trying to get back into the game again and the error keeps happening.

Sometimes things are good and I can play for a few hours without any trouble. Sometimes I can play for like 5-15 minutes, and then get the error and have to restart the game. Sometimes it gives the error within seconds of getting into the game. 

I'm using the Tequila launcher.

Windows 10.

Everything is updated.

The server I connect to doesn't seem to matter and I've tried them all many, many times.

I am hardwired directly into my router.

My connection seems stable and fast and always records well above 300Mbps when I test it.

I don't notice any latency issues at all when I play any other online games. Upon testing, latency is typically 40ms or less.

I've whitelisted CoH in my antivirus and even turned off my antivirus and neither seemed to make any difference.

It seems like these issues happen more often during primetime, but I've had it happen in the middle of the day as well.

I've closed all the other apps and browsers and stuff.

I've tried connecting via a VPN, it seemed to make no difference and the error still occurred as usual.

I'm kind of at a loss. There's obviously some kind of connection issue but I can't figure it out for the life of me. Any ideas? Anything else I could try?

Your help is very much appreciated. Thanks!

Try /Netgraph 1 in game and see if it is all green and what kind of numbers you get there for latency.  /Netgraph 0 will turn it back off.

Also updating your motherboard drivers probably wouldn't hurt along with moving to the new launcher.

Edited by Ura Hero

7 hours ago, Ura Hero said:

Try /Netgraph 1 in game and see if it is all green and what kind of numbers you get there for latency.  /Netgraph 0 will turn it back off.

Also updating your motherboard drivers probably wouldn't hurt along with moving to the new launcher.

Thanks! I will try both and let you know how it goes. 🙂

Recently, I also disconnected from the map server. At first, my character became sluggish. I typed Netgraph and it showed red spikes. I pinged the server to check my connection. It was OK. Server status (Reunion) was also OK. I can log back in just fine. But whenever I select Reunion server, my game is stuck, and then it brings me back to the login menu. Even if can select the Reunion server and my character, my connection will deteriorate in a minute or so. In the end, the game disconnects me.

Help?

edit

I can select other shards just fine, but the reunion. However server status said that reunion is OK. Oops nope nevermind

Edited by huang3721
additional info

On 3/5/2021 at 11:50 PM, Ura Hero said:

It must have been Tequila. I haven't had any "Lost Connection to Mapserver" issues since I started using the new launcher.

Thanks so much! You're a hero! 🙂

5 hours ago, Raminar_Dixon said:

It must have been Tequila. I haven't had any "Lost Connection to Mapserver" issues since I started using the new launcher.

I have - they seem to happen on map changes. I generally get one a day.

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas