Any way to turn off the FX on disruption arrow? It gives me a headache...

Tuft

Is there any way to turn off the FX on disruption arrow, like changing its texture?

Or could the devs add an option to Null the Gull for this, like the one for speedboosts?

It actually gives me a headache, and one of my friends complains of migraines. It really sucks to leave a TF when someone hauls out one of those arrows. 😞

It is a long time ago, but I think the devs on live had to remove that particular FX due to the complaints at that time, just because of migraines…

Is there an option available if you visit Icon?  I was thinking of the ability to change how powers look.   A lot have a No FX option that may work for you.  If not, maybe change the colors to something neutral...?

I don't have anyone with this power, so I don't know.

Back on Live, the entire Sonic Resonance initially had FX much like that Disruption Arrow still has. It was changed on Sonic Resonance because of complains like these, but the version in Trick Arrow was never changed. If Disruption Arrow could steal, borrow or lend some FX from Sonic Resonance, that would be ok.

Does any of the people working on mods for sound/textures know if Tuft's initial proposal to modify the look of Disruption Arrow is possible? Even if a mod is only client-side, this would give the people affected the ability to change a break - and would not impact anyone else.

I also get discomfort from Disruption Arrow and I run the all archer teams weekly and it's sad that people can't enjoy this themed events due to a graphics issue. I do hope some devs could look into this matter. I am not sure how it should be changed but perhaps the rate of pulses could be lowered or increased, as it probably that causes the problems people are having. Perhaps changing it to one initial bright flash, like Flash Arrow, and then after that only some audio pings showing it still active.

Regards.

Crim Fletch - TWANG (The Wonderful Archers Network Group)

On 3/9/2021 at 9:43 PM, Rishidian said:

Is there an option available if you visit Icon?  I was thinking of the ability to change how powers look.   A lot have a No FX option that may work for you.  If not, maybe change the colors to something neutral...?

I don't have anyone with this power, so I don't know.

No, Disruption Arrow has no recoloring or similar options at all , only a "no redraw" option.

And if here had been such an option, going around and asking all Trick Arrow users you encounter to "please change your colors because *you* are giving me a headache, migraine or other discomfort", well, that would be a hard sell...

13 minutes ago, Crimson Fletcherette said:

I also get discomfort from Disruption Arrow and I run the all archer teams weekly and it's sad that people can't enjoy this themed events due to a graphics issue. I do hope some devs could look into this matter. I am not sure how it should be changed but perhaps the rate of pulses could be lowered or increased, as it probably that causes the problems people are having. Perhaps changing it to one initial bright flash, like Flash Arrow, and then after that only some audio pings showing it still active.

Regards.

Crim Fletch - TWANG (The Wonderful Archers Network Group)

yes, it is sad, because we had lots of fun in that bow users group.