Dom or Blaster??

ceto555

Hi folks,

Just wondering which would give me an easier and more fun experience. Basically I want to just solo level door missions, and then do raids end game. I was thinking either Ice/Ice Dom, or Ice/Ice Blaster. Which one am I better off with??

Thanks!

Neither is strictly better, but IMO Ice/Ice Blaster is more straightforward mission. Excellent damage, can be played at range, pretty good mitigation from the sustain power, and excellent control of the endurance bar that allows you to freely add additional armor toggles. 

For end game iTrials this particular Blaster is loads better than this particular Dominator. No comparison, zero. 

For just general running up on mobs, the Dominator isn't terrible. Ice Control is a fun set with some unique mechanics. Major downsides are an extreme vulnerability to mezz detoggling Arctic Air and Chilling Embrace. Also a curse Ice Control has always suffered is being a melee oriented set with high endurance costs that make running armor toggles to survive at that close range harder to run. 

On the Blaster, take the Fire APP and slot Bonfire with KB to KD for a power with equivalent uptime to Ice Slick but better slotting options. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ceto555 said:

Hi folks,

Just wondering which would give me an easier and more fun experience. Basically I want to just solo level door missions, and then do raids end game. I was thinking either Ice/Ice Dom, or Ice/Ice Blaster. Which one am I better off with??

Thanks!

if you are going ice i recommend ice/cold corruptor.  fter trying for a looooong time to get an ice character i liked blaster, sentinel, dom, i discovered ice/cold corr.  do not take the team buff powers,  its the rest of the set, including two incredibly powerful debuffs in cold domination that do not exist in any other ice/cold sets.  they will change the power dynamic in any boss fight right quick, and help versus minions as well.  also, the DoT nature of ice/cold works well with Corruptor Scourge ability.

Well, it kind of depends on what you are looking for.  I main an Ice/Ice blaster and have created (and let sit on the dusty, this toon sucks shelf) a couple of ice/ice corruptors and doms, the highest level of which is the mid-twenties.  I found it painful to get her that far, though.  Neither can compare to the damage a blaster does, and I am all about the damage.

I see a lot of ice/ice blaster builds that are so focused on survivability that they are not as damage-inflicting as they might be; in fact, they may as well be sents.  These have built-in higher survivability numbers and would seem to make more sense for the death-averse ice-caster. 

That said, for pure fun and damage, I vote ice/ice blaster.  I do everything on mine (she's my badger, too, so she solos a lot) and is by far my most fun and effective toon.