Twilight Grasp can Self Rez the caster

Wavicle

i just did a self rez on my dark/elec defender the other day. i was solo and i did a combat howling twilight, for the disorient natch, but just happened to die at that moment, but immediately rezzed to full power much to my amazement. it was perfectly timed between the cast and the delayed effect of the rez that i caught myself and saved the day! at least that is how i remember it... 😎

"I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours" the Cheshire Cat

"Ce n'est rien de mourir; c'est affreux de ne pas vivre"

(It's nothing to die, it's terrible not to live) Jean Valjean

"وطن المرء ليس مكان ولادته و لكنه المكان الذي تنتهي فيه كل محاولاته للهروب”

(Home is not where you were born, home is where all your attempts to escape cease.) Naguib Mahfouz

It should be noted that any heal in the game that works off damaging a target to perform a heal function can actually rez you. Twilight Grasp has been doing it forever. When you use the power, you are alive and meet the live requirement for the power to affect you. If you used it when you are about to die to stay alive, it is assumed it will heal you in time, so no dying. If you die in that very small window before the heal applies, the heal is still being applied to your existing health. So when it happens, your health bar may blink black and then show more health, or you may fall "dead" and get back up because the game thinks the heal saved you from dying. Trying to duplicate the effect is insane, but I've had it happen multiple times over the years on Live. It is the same as when a non-damaging heal is triggered by the player. The heal applies instantly and you live. The damaging heal applies, but not instantly, and you live despite the game having you briefly animate as dying. So yes, I've been rezzed from defeat by my own Howling Twilight while trying to rez teammates, and I've been "rezzed" by Twilight's Grasp just trying to save myself. (And yes, please never try to fix this. On the rare occasions it happens, it makes me happy to not have to fly/run/teleport/leap back to the mission.)

Also, for clarification, all this assumes the damage you took that kills you is less than the health you gained from the heal if the damaging heal is what "rezzes" you. (Though it can be funny to watch your character die twice from a single attack when the heal is less than the damage. Which I've had happen a few times too.)

Edited by Rudra
Add double death heal comment and correct double punctuation.