Rad/Rad advice

Kurgan2

I'm currently working on a rad/rad brute, and was wondering if this was a good roadmap. Don't have slots set and no clue on sets at all, just want to see if the skills were correct. If you do know how to best slot it, please feel free to add that as well. :)

Villain Plan by Mids' Villain Designer 1.962

http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 49 Magic Brute

Primary Power Set: Radiation Melee

Secondary Power Set: Radiation Armor

Power Pool: Flight

Power Pool: Fighting

Power Pool: Speed

Ancillary Pool: Energy Mastery

Villain Profile:

Level 1: Contaminated Strike -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Alpha Barrier -- Empty(A)

Level 2: Radioactive Smash -- Empty(A)

Level 4: Proton Sweep -- Empty(A)

Level 6: Proton Armor -- Empty(A)

Level 8: Radiation Siphon -- Empty(A)

Level 10: Gamma Boost -- Empty(A)

Level 12: Fly -- Empty(A)

Level 14: Fallout Shelter -- Empty(A)

Level 16: Kick -- Empty(A)

Level 18: Tough -- Empty(A)

Level 20: Weave -- Empty(A)

Level 22: Irradiated Ground -- Empty(A)

Level 24: Radiation Therapy -- Empty(A)

Level 26: Devastating Blow -- Empty(A)

Level 28: Beta Decay -- Empty(A)

Level 30: Particle Shielding -- Empty(A)

Level 32: Atom Smasher -- Empty(A)

Level 35: Ground Zero -- Empty(A)

Level 38: Meltdown -- Empty(A)

Level 41: Hasten -- Empty(A)

Level 44: Fusion -- Empty(A)

Level 47: Focused Accuracy -- Empty(A)

Level 49: Physical Perfection -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Fury

Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)

Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)

Level 4: Ninja Run

Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)

Level 2: Health -- Empty(A)

Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)

Level 2: Stamina -- Empty(A)

------------

• 3 weeks later

I was unimpressed by Proton Sweep, but you get a respec every 10 levels, so I would say take it, make your judgment of it then most likely dump it later.

The problem with not having though is the loss of an attack to fill possible rotations.

I'm at level 42 with my rad/rad.

I agree with Erratic1; Proton Sweep is a bit useless and I respec'd it out. If it triggered the AoE Contamination damage, it would be worthwhile, but it doesn't and I've never seen it hit more than two enemies. Get Kick instead and get Tough and Weave earlier, maybe. I don't miss it at all. I took Kick and Boxing to get Weave and that feels fine as filler to keep the attack chain going. I respec'd out Hasten and haven't noticed the difference as Beta Decay gives you some recharge.

I didn't take Meltdown and went for Combat Jumping instead for a bit more defence. It's also fun leaping over a bunch of mobs to your teammates who are in trouble. I may pick it up later, but probably not.

With three EndMod in Stamina and three in Gamma Boost, running ten million toggles won't be a problem. I've slotted Radiation Therapy for two heals, two EndMod and two recharge and it's the best heal in the entire game. The AoE ally heal is really good for what it is, but you have to train your squishies to fly towards you when they need healing and not back away. I've actually thought about setting it up a macro to tell people to come to melee to heal as nobody looks at a brute and thinks healer.

The only downside to Rad/Rad is that it doesn't have any crowning glory so you kind of just do your thing whatever is happening. Meltdown is nice, but otherwise not too special. The two heals are kind of the only really unique thing about radiation armour as the self heal is solid gold (it heals you, replenishes your endurance and drops a noticeable amount of damage) and the AoE heal will keep your team going as it does about 250-300 HP with some enhancements in. The rad melee heal is very potent, doing just shy of 500 HP at level 42, but Contamination is unreliable so I end up using to to keep my health above 75% more than saving it.

I ummed and aaahed about the epic pool powers and nearly did what you did for focussed accuracy. I went for pyre mastery in the end, but I'm not sold on that either.

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas