Nerfing rune of protections duration

Darkir

I personally feel it's a quality of life for the char. Having spend many hours playing Defenders I can tell you having to spend all your time making BF's is not the best thing in the world.  ...Hmmm, I could use these yellows to improve my acc or purples for Defense, but I really need to convert them to BF's so I'm not mezzed this fight. 

Yes, you can spend all your IO's making better Defense for your char but it's kind of frustrating when I have to do this on a toggle based char who only needs to be hit by a 1 quarter second sleep (and everything has that at high levels) to make your toggles and you go bye bye.  A good example for me is my Naff/DP defender. He has 

3 detoggle-able abilities and as such can get into real trouble if he's hit at high levels without mez protection. 

Even with high defense every shot on you has a 5% chance of causing severe trouble for the support character. 

Back on live, the devs eventually came to notice that a mez in every pot hurt the individual gameplay of toggle users and they did take some steps to solve it for some toggles, but not for everyone. 

This same type of mezzing power has no effect at all on tanks, brutes, scrappers nor assassins. It is very coverable on dominators and controllers (they even get help in their epics). Even blasters get the ability to keep blasting with their tier 1 and 2 powers. 

I like my characters aggressive and anything that lessens the options for me getting there is not a good change in my book. 

In case you can't tell the resist values in that power are not really the main concern from my point of view. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later

OR you can look at it like they gave you the power at a recharge that took 260% (+160%) recharge to get to....the duration for it is shorter but you don't have to worry about recharge to get to use it often. 

Edited by WitchZero
Mids Value vs. required amount of recharge%

• 8 months later
On 4/22/2021 at 11:18 AM, WitchZero said:

OR you can look at it like they gave you the power at a recharge that took 260% (+160%) recharge to get to....the duration for it is shorter but you don't have to worry about recharge to get to use it often. 

Yeah and when you get punched in the face you could look at it as an exciting opportunity to meet new people at the hospital.

.....I'm still pretty salty about this nerf

44 minutes ago, Darkir said:

..I'm still pretty salty about this nerf

I think it became a less interesting power to optimize for, but more useful in a variety of builds. I definitely get how crappy it feels if there isn't anything to close the gap in a build that previously leveraged it to great success.