Psi/Willpower/Force of Will

kelika2

The idea was a psychic child with some but not enough psychic power to make a big difference to be recruited into a hero agency and went to the gym and went Rogue after a certain point

But.

Every time I do one of these Pool Power type characters I end up disappointed in some form or another

Pistol/Radi/Experimentation sent.  Corrosive Vial was utter crap.  Radius of Ice Patch, 14 second duration for full effect, etc.  Poison Dart was ok but caused redraw

SS/Invul brute with the fighting pool attacks.  But Cross Punch ended up being too narrow and boxing/kick had to be used too much.  Idea was to have some AoE before 32.

Mind/Kin troller with magic origin pool.  sleep slotted for damage, hold slotted 4/6 basilisk gaze and 2 mez/dmg hamis, magic dart, etc

With that said I ask if anyone here ever used Force of Will's attacks?

Project Will on paper seems to be a direct upgrade to Mental Strike (psi melee t1) -  Theme here syncs up, and gets rid of a "wasted" power selection like many people have with Boxing

And Wall of Force appears to have decent range and arc and damage for its activation/recharge time

Before I commit the time/inf/costume/name/othercrap to this I wanted to get a bit of feedback on Project Will and Wall of Force

I didn't much care for project will or wall of force.  The cast time is largely what bugged me about them.  You're always going to be a little frustrated and disappointed with "Pool Power" focused toons, I think.

But, then again, that's sort of the challenge of making one, no?  The goal is to complete content with a sub-standard toon that's made as good as possible (which, let's face it, is probably never going to be "good").

2 hours ago, Grindingsucks said:

(which, let's face it, is probably never going to be "good").

I was afraid of that.  Looks and sounds like Body Type 3 min height max everything else Mental Midge will be shelves until extreme boredom sets in.