Auras on powers (and maybe emotes?)

As a customization option, I think it would be neat to attach aura effects to certain/most powers.

In particular: Teleport and Stealth.

Imagine a vampire-type character that bursts a pulse of the Bats aura whenever they teleport.  When they travel via stealth, they could put on a gaseous aura and travel via their gaseous form.

I'm all for attaching it to any and all powers as well, but I think it could get to be a bit much with most toggles (imagine a dark armor character running tough and weave, with 11 auras), so I would consider limiting it to Clicks, Stealths, and probably Travel powers.

Bonus points if we could attach some emotes -- namely the costume change emotes!  These would need to be specialized versions that don't impose their own Rooting (that would be handled by the power they're attached to).  I would certainly fit Teleport into a lot more characters if I could Dimension Shift every time I use it -- that's the one where you scatter out several ghostly clones of yourself that all gather back on you.  Paired with Teleport, it would feel pretty Dr. Manhattan-ly).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, merrypessimist said:

Isn't this already basically possible with power execute macros?

Is it?

I think we need more visibility for the obscure tricks players can do like this one!

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

7 hours ago, merrypessimist said:

Isn't this already basically possible with power execute macros?

Auras: tied to costume, not power.

Emotes that root: lock you out of activating the power until it's complete. 

Emotes that do not: I don't think any exist anymore but I believe their animation is killed by the power animation.

Costume change emotes: all the above issues and also require you to select a different costume slot.

What you can do right now is activate a stealth toggle as part of a costume change macro, to a version of your outfit with an aura. That is far, far more limited than what I'm suggesting, especially the Teleport parts.