whats the best epic pool for a plants/storm trolltasting devastator

mothermoy

I use stone for io set purposes but overall it's a great epic pool.  Fissure gives more control and a little extra damage, seismic smash is the beefy-ist attack you have, defense from rock armor plus 40% extra hp from earth's embrace.

Been quite pleased with it

I went Ice on mine, the ice storm is a nice layered AoE which works well with freezing rain.  Hibernate is a good oh crap button, and after you summon your storms and tornado and creepers, you can just watch them tear up mobs while you regen health and endurance in the process. Frozen armor is good +def as well.  Helped me get to S/L softcap  along with (just barely) perma hasten.  Plus it leans into the storm side of your theme if that's important to you. 

Stone is a nice contender though, especially with that big single target hit.  Would be my second choice if my build wasn't just where I'm used to it. 

The best pools are EARTH/ICE/MACE. Each have defensive toggles for smash and lethal with some cold or energy depending on the pool. If you want your controller to be the prettiest I suggest MACE as you can customize the shield effect to different colors and it provides smashing lethal and energy defense which are all very common. I feel plant doesn't need another aoe as our roots does x2 dmg from other controller sets and you should be getting your aoe dmg from procs. Proced out carrion creepers are a beast and so are proced out lightnight storm. But if I could minimize or hide the ugly ice armor I would choose ICE in a heart beat. Ice storm does ALOT of dmg and with enough recharge it's up every OTHER pull.

I can't verify but to me it feels much better after the change. Granted the last time I played my purple IOEd and pvp IOed perma hasten plant dominator was back in 2011 but when I recreated her as a controller my spawn clearing time feels really good. What slows me down is when my carrion creepers doesn't move as fast as I do from spawn to spawn. But usually with +4x8 mobs my rotation of Seeds -> Freezing rain > roots > tornado half the spawn is dead from the dmg of my carrion creepers and after the initial confuse alpha they hit each other with. I then mop up the lietenants and stragglers with single Target dmg containment attacks and or a lightning storm. My seeds should be almost off cool down by then and I start making my way to the next pack.