Merit Vendor Question

WoodyUK

Can anyone help?  When I go to the merit vendor I can't seem to buy Archetype origin enhancements.  But my Supergroup mate can.  We thought we had done all the same content so what is locking me out please?

Ta

in advance

To start with the obvious - how many reward merits do you have?  (ATOs are 100 apiece.)  If you ran old school missions only the mission owner gets reward merits from finishing the stories.

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

8 minutes ago, Heraclea said:

To start with the obvious - how many reward merits do you have?  (ATOs are 100 apiece.)  If you ran old school missions only the mission owner gets reward merits from finishing the stories.

You can both get merits running stories at once, if you have "enable collaberative missions" in options.  At least, it's supposed to allow you to both get credit for advancing them, as long as you both have the same mission(s) available and if you both talk to the contact as you progress along the story arc. 

Other possible fail conditions.... not sure just spitballing

• are you not yet level 10?  ATO's are 10 and up.
  • are you sure you're looking under the same section of the menu as your friend?   There are no Recipes, you have to be looking under the Enhancements section.

.... drawing a blank beyond that, though.

to answer the questions we are both level 19 and have around 42 merits.  So yes I can't buy any yet but it seems strange that he can see them even if he can't afford them and I can't.

And yes under Enhancements I can only see SO options

To enable the display of merit vendor items you can't afford, there's a little checkbox down at the bottom on the right hand side that you can click to "hide items you can't afford."  Untick that and you'll see everything the vendor offers even if you can't pay for it.

Your friend clearly had that tickbox unchecked.

• Thanks 1

Buying ATOs with reward merits is not in your best interest. ATOs cost 100 merits each but sell on the AH for about 8,000,000 inf (80,000/merit). Enhancement Boosters cost 5 merits each but sell for about 1,100,000 inf on the AH (220,000/merit). Use your merits to buy Enhancement Boosters and sell them on the AH. Then use the inf to buy ATOs. (This also works with Enhancement Converters and Enhancement Unslotters.)

• Thanks 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

While I agree that buying ATOs with merits is  not the best use of them, they can be found under Enhancements>Attuned Enhancements.  ATOs are attuned by default and thus are found there.

Strike all that, I just realize I was thinking of the Auction House.

Edited by GuardianSaint
wrong information

Formerly of Guardian server, my global was @Panzer Saint.

On 4/7/2021 at 2:35 AM, merrypessimist said:

To enable the display of merit vendor items you can't afford, there's a little checkbox down at the bottom on the right hand side that you can click to "hide items you can't afford."  Untick that and you'll see everything the vendor offers even if you can't pay for it.

Your friend clearly had that tickbox unchecked.

Gar such a simple thing missed,

Many thanks that worked