Add new 'Bulletin Board' channel

Can we maybe get an 'Events' channel added to the game? I'm seeing General and Broadcast being used a lot to promote clubs, costume contests, and and other player hosted content, where a dedicated channel for it might be beneficial to everyone.

I know it's probably a minor peeve but it'd be nice to have an appropriate space for these kinds of messages, so that it's easier to filter them in your chat tabs, and reduce the amount of traffic the other channels are taking on right now.

Edited by Tyrannical
Changed topic to "Bulletin Board" because it sounds better
  • Like 2

True, but the Zone Events tab isn't a proper chat channel, just a feed of what stuff has spawned/activated in each zone.

Though if the name is a bit too similar then calling it 'Player Events' in order to separate it could work, or just call it something like 'Promotions' or 'Activities'.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TemporalVileTerror said:

"Activities"

I like!

. . . still think an in-game bulletin board would be ideal.  Granted, how to make it "fair" and un-troll'able could be challenging . . . hmm . . . 

"Bulletin Board" is also a nice name for the channel, come to think of it!

2 hours ago, parabola said:

I've no objection to this idea but if I could add a channel myself it would be a farming one in the hope that looking for group could be spared the incessant spam...

I don't think Homecoming would openly endorse dedicated farming, despite defending people's ability to do so.

But I could see it being rolled into the "Bulletin Board" concept fairly easily

3 hours ago, parabola said:

I've no objection to this idea but if I could add a channel myself it would be a farming one in the hope that looking for group could be spared the incessant spam...

Is there a lot of this on some servers? I see some, but not a lot on the one I play on (Everlasting). 

And don't forget, it's entirely possible to make a player run "Looking for Farms" or "EverlastingFarms" global channel for a given server, akin to the EverlastingTFs channel we have. Get a few prominent and frequent farmers to start it up, and then advertise it, and before you know it, there'd be a channel dedicated to the purpose very quickly, and it could even be player moderated then.

Edited by Andreah

• Alchemystic changed the title to Add new 'Bulletin Board' channel