Problem searching toons with Praetorian origin

huang3721

Praetorian can not search Hero/Villain unless both characters are in Co-op Zone(First Ward, Night Ward, or Pocket D). The opposite is also true (Blue/Red can't search Gold outside Co-op Zone).

xY5Me5Q.jpg

Example: Luigi is a blue sider, the lady is a gold sider

I multi-boxed a gold and a blue sider, and I noticed something weird.

A hero with a Praetorian origin is invisible to my blue sider but visible to my gold sider. All three were outside Co-op Zone. Sadly, I didn't have a screenshot. Could anyone verify this? Did I goof up?

Is the limitation still applies after a gold sider switch to red side/blue side via rift enclosure? 

Edited by huang3721
rephrasing
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, huang3721 said:

Is the limitation still applies after a gold sider switch to red side/blue side via rift enclosure?

^No, it is not.

Praetorians, who have passed the enclosure, behave like blue or red siders. Thanks to @Darmian for helping me verify it. 

For short: gold can't search blue or red unless they are in First Ward, Night Ward, or Pocket D.

However, just because they can't search each other don't mean they can't join a team. For example, Dark Astoria, Kallisti Wharf, and all praetorian zones allow them to join or invite a member. In the example above, Luigi can invite the gold sider into his team. I assume this applies to Rikti War Zone too. Sadly, since gold siders can't go to DA, KW, or RWZ, teaming up with toons in those zones makes no sense.

---

Additional Note: I guess (aside from the three zones above) blue and red can search and team up in Midnight Club, Crimerora, Dark Astoria, Kallisti Wharf, and RWZ. That off-limit rule to the gold siders makes searching and teaming up a little bit weird.

---

Edited by huang3721
additional note

A further aside to this, SG bases.  SG bases simply should be coop zones.  Since you can now have Gold/Red/Blue all in the same SG, and all literally standing in the SG base at the same time, not being able to coop with them while there, CF for an ouro crystal mission, is madness.  And didn't you used to be able to launch CoP from a base?

• Like 3

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

Ok, Faultline has investigated the Base thing for me, so kudos to them!  It all stems from the old base raid code wherein items will become targettable if such cross teams were enabled, and no one wants bits of their base destroyed!  At least that's how it is right now.

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

It possibly could.  But my old memory is fuzzy, weren't base raids a bit janky back in the day?  I mean I quit playing due to RL issues (moving house and blah blah) prior to Going Rogue, so it's been over a decade since I even saw a base raid, and I don't recall them being great then.

Oh, yeah, absolutely.  The jankiest!  Especially with Pets utterly failing to navigate base terrain (only made much worse with freebuild Bases).

But I'm not talking about any kind of official gameplay modes like that.  I'm speaking in terms of allowing the ultra-creative Base Builders of this community to invent entirely unique mini-games in their bases.  The mind boggles at the possibilities!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TemporalVileTerror said:

Pets utterly failing to navigate base terrain (only made much worse with freebuild Bases).

They are still not doing that very well!