Scrapper Epic Snipes

Zapp from Mu Mastery is not entering "combat mode" on my Scrapper, by which I mean to say that when engaged with an enemy, there is no orange ring around the power, nor any "fast mode."  It only functions as the old school, stand there and don't get hit or you'll get interrupted type of snipe.

I don't know if it's a bug or WAI, but I don't like it.  I like the fast version available in combat, with the flexibility to use the normal version as a harder hitting snipe when out of combat and at a distance.  Please fix!

Edited by Aracknight
clarity.

Can confirm. Just tested this on Moonbeam. The ring does appear but is inconsistent. And soon vanishes after 1s-15s. (Often before the current attack finishes animating.)

With the Experienced Marksman proc slotted, Moonbeam was perma-fast. (Had the yellow ring around it constantly).

I know the snipe changes were reverted. But when I compared the live and beta versions, I noticed the beta version has this power effect that is not present on live:

image.png.219f9eff00adaf1eee04a2971e1d131d.png

Join the Homecoming PvP Fightclub Discord 
What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

I don't think it has anything to do with the Recharge Power, as that's present on Cryptic and the powers work fine there. I tested Moonbeam on a Stalker and a Scrapper on Cryptic.

So it has to be something that's new to Brainstorm that's not on Cryptic.

It's also happening on blaster snipes. Just checked Moonbeam and Blazing Bolt.

What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

8 minutes ago, UberGuy said:

OOC, is it affecting any other "in combat" type things? Stalker AS? Switching iPowers?

I tested Targeting Drone from /devices and that was working properly. (I.e. only giving the damage buff when OOC - meaning the game knew when I was in combat.)

Also, I just jumped on Cryptic and noticed snipes were working properly on there. So whatever is causing this snipe problem, it's a recent tweak that caused it.

Edited by America's Angel
  • Confused 1

With regards to fast snipes - i've noticed they are only triggering inside door missions

I.e when you are running around  zones blasting away at level 50, fast snipes won't work unless you have the Pvp proc.
when you are inside missions - fast snipes are working as intended (or atleast the way they are working on live.

Confirmed this on Scrappers (Zapp), Dominators (Sniper Blast) and Blasters (Blazing Bolt)

Starting an MSR using LFG allows for fast snipes to work, but running around RWZ fast snipes refuse to work

@Vea/@Vae/@Vew - You can call me V.

Can confirm fast snipes are working properly in arena instanced maps in PVP, too.