Login Server can't connect

Phantom Mouse

I have also been having this same issue since the servers came back up. I see they are live, but it seems to be acting like they are not any time I try to login. Sympoms are as Phantom Mouse said above...

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Did some testing and this appears to happen if you use anything, but Tequila to run the game. If I use Tequila it prompts the new agreement and then connects after logging in.

If I use CreamSoda (which I do so I can play on different servers when this one is down), it just fails to login at all even after using Tequila to accept the agreement.

Is there any way this can be fixed or was this intentional... I really dont want to have 2 different launchers depending on which server I plan on using...

I was having the same problem using CreamSoda, I downloaded Tequila as someone recommended and ran it from the same folder CreamSoda does and it updated the game, launched, let me accept the agreement and now I have no problems. If I had to guess, I'm guessing CreamSoda didn't get the message that the game was updated this morning.

There was an update to the game, so don't try to run it from the old icon that's likely sitting on your desktop or in your tray. Double-click the tequila.exe file again, from within the COH folder, which will launch the game and install the update.  After that, you should be able to get in without difficulty.

There was an update to the game, so don't try to run it from the old icon that's likely sitting on your desktop or in your tray. Double-click the tequila.exe file again, from within the COH folder, which will launch the game and install the update.  After that, you should be able to get in without difficulty.

What about for Mac users?

I tried log in today and what I saw the the message : The game client was unable to connect to the login server. This may be due to a local network~.

After update I tried 100 times log in but failed. I did re- validation, turned off firewall, and changed install place. Even with these methods could not help me to connect to the login server.

Hopefully, I can access in even tomorrow.  :'(

Opened Island Rum to play on my private server with the wife today. The patch came down and I checked my options and all looked fine. Try to connect to the server and the Auth fails. Tried a couple times with no success. I can see in the Auth process window that my Mac is connecting to the server and passing data but the client coughs up the no connection error.

Took the options out and connected to the Homecoming servers, got the ToS and hit accept, and logged into my character just fine. Logged out and started the process over to connect to the private server. No dice.

I haven't had any issues up until now changing the connection. It was nice since I like to play on live when my wife doesn't want to team up. She doesn't like playing on live servers.

Any ideas on what changed in the Island Rum launcher and what I need to change to regain access to my private server? Reinstalling would be painful but I have a feeling that wouldn't solve the issue.

Thanks.

Has anyone found a fix for this? getting very frustrated.  Does anyone care...at all... that some players cannot play since the patch?  Cannot connect to DB server, run in admin mode, restarted PC after patches, fresh installs including removing registry key even created a new account on my PC, disabled firewall, disabled AV...still nothing.

Looking into this a little further and I think my issue might not be related to others but possibly. For me I can get to the live servers with the Island Rum install but I'm seeing an Auth Error when I try to connect someplace else.

I see 164 bytes passed to the Auth service, and the console shows that the client is connected. Then it hangs on "Auth:Waiting for protocol version..." Then fails. I don't know what they changed in the authentication processes but it has prevented me from using any other servers at this point. If others could add the -console option to their launcher that would help track down if it's a common problem.

Would be great to know what changed and if it can be reverted. I have a feeling that if I reinstall Island Rum it'll just pull down the same bits and I'll still be in the same situation. I know this is a community thing now and I'm really thankful for everything that has been done, but it stinks a little that changes were made to the bits that prevent other connections. If it's just my install, any clue on how to go about further troubleshooting would be awesome.

Any help would be great.

Have tried logging in and says user name /password invalid, used the password reset and even after making a new one says incorrect username/password (did this 4x) dont want to lose a toon I've been working on but should I do a clean reinstall of the game?

Have tried logging in and says user name /password invalid, used the password reset and even after making a new one says incorrect username/password (did this 4x) dont want to lose a toon I've been working on but should I do a clean reinstall of the game?

A reinstall won't help with this.  Login information has nothing to do with any part of the game installed on your system.  File a ticket through the link on the forum homepage so a GM can help you.

I don't have a Mac, so I can't get specific.  But given that launching the tequila.exe file, or in this case re-launching it, serves to update the game, the solution seems to be to find wherever the CoH folder is installed on your system, double-click the file, and have the update installed.  That will result in a launchable version of the game.