Unavoidable rage crash

Wiseguy

Something I don't see many people talking about is that the -def debuff from rage crashing is now unavoidable. On live (or at least, when I played last) you could avoid the defense debuff by having at least one extra stack of rage when the previous wore off. In other words, if you had enough recharge you'd pretty much never suffer the defense debuff. Now, you suffer the defense debuff even if you have rage going when the crash from the previous happens; and in a way having more recharge is kind of a *bad* thing because you suffer the crash twice as often.

I've heard the unrelenting power in presence circumvents this, but I'm not sure how - is it passive?

Anyways, I made this thread for advice/discussion on this since it's been kind of frustrating to me. As a SS/Fire brute barely reaching the def softcap through IO sets, I basically cannot ever turn on rage while main tanking or I splat.

AKA @Shibbs

Is this true, when did this happen?

It was put in effect sometime during Score's patching of i25 I gather. I don't believe it was in CoH at any time under NCSoft.

There's a current thread in Suggestions as to how to fix it, and we've had an admin chime in looking for help. It's a good time to put on those thinking caps and come up with a viable reworking of Rage.