Leviathan Finale Arc [39744] Published

cranebump

image.png.73a0aeb50bfc23b32afd505bf2a54590.png

Arc is up!

End bosses: Difficulty all about powersets/ATs. Pack some Insps. Fight smart. If your toon is tricked out, it'll probably be easy enough. That said, my exemplared Incarnate had to pop some Insps against a couple of them, and got whittled down pretty good on one of them.

Thanks to @Darmian for once again providing invaluable feedback! (like: "Um...hey...you forgot to place a rescue you mentioned...yeah...").:-)

Thanks in advance,

Crane

Edited by cranebump
  • Like 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

Coming off the monorail from her shift as night watchperson, Kyksie arrives in King's Row to find it trashed. After a quick stop at Major Flanders, she stops by the police station to touch base. Her usual contact Joe Frietag isn't there; instead, Pep Becktrees is in charge. His eyes wide, he stares into the distance with a manic grin.

1.thumb.jpg.5a31dd1bd1b37c35c2c99d884742364c.jpg

"KYKSIE!!! Those Nazi maniacs came out of nowhere!" Becktrees has a Starbucks Grande in one hand and a Drenched Donuts double glazed in the other. "We're spread thin up here, go into the sewers and take them out!!!"

Slogging through the sewers kicking Nazis, Kyksie is overjoyed to run into the Vigilant Patriots, a group of true, proud Americans ready to fight and die for their country.  Their leader, Bastion, uses the power of his mind to root out those opposed to Making America Great, just like NewsAnon says! There's Victory Maiden, defender of the homeland, and Grail, who uses his personal connection with Jesus to clobber anyone lacking said connection. Squealing with joy, Kyksie kicks the remaining Nazis so hard they land in the next sewer over.

2.jpg.81f2bb5f8ff88574e23843054bd8bbf1.jpg

When she returns, Becktrees has finished his second Starbucks and is eagerly plowing into a third. "Kyksie!! We can't find Joe! I'm sure he's okay but maybe he isn't!! Go look for him, okay????" He's practically vibrating at this point.

Kyksie heads out and rescues Freitag, but his suit isn't dusted with powdered sugar, so she suspects something is up. Back at the PPD, she talks with the hyper-caffienated Becktrees, and together they topple a plan to reinstate the Might for Right Act and force all supers to register for traffic detail or something. I won't go into detail because I don't want to spoil the storyline too much, although my reviews generally have about as much to do with an arc's actual plot as Fox News does with reality.

Leviathan: Finale is another masterfully written arc, with a great story, lots of detail, and no time wasters. Other than a few spelling errors, my only gripe is that the EB bosses are a bit hard considering that you're reduced to level 35. Still, the player is warned in the description, and the EBs went down easily with the proper use of Inspirations. This is one of the many instances where City of Heroes teaches valuable life lessons; in this case, the lesson is that any problem can be made manageable by eating a handful of pills. Other than that, this is a great finale to an excellent series... except for Becktrees' vacant eyes and manic grin, which will haunt your nightmares for all eternity.

3.thumb.jpg.ff5b9611efc9f66dba64bff4376c8ee5.jpg

Edited by Kyksie

You know, that closeup IS haunting...:-)

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

• cranebump changed the title to Leviathan Finale Arc [39744] Published

Darm's brute gettin' down in his run:

image.png.56743a7cd065f81e2a65d267266ae3cf.png

And our observant lore master finds doors to nowhere...(visible with cel shading):

image.png.3e507c31a9dd433dfa91fce59c91916d.png

And this gem--the rare (and mildly embarrassing) double flip!

image.png.984128adcf953873b36a6edae395222a.png