Defender powersets info

Elia87

23 minutes ago, Psyonico said:

There are tons of TA builds on the forum, what secondary are you looking at?

Actually i have no idea on what secondary to pick with TA as primary..I wanted something i could solo GMs and AVs with..maybe something that does dmg? Sorry x.x

16 hours ago, Elia87 said:

Actually i have no idea on what secondary to pick with TA as primary..I wanted something i could solo GMs and AVs with..maybe something that does dmg? Sorry x.x

Fire, for one Fire is all about damage, and two you'll light your Oil Slick Arrow as a side effect since it needs fire or energy attacks to light it ablaze.

1 minute ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Fire, for one Fire is all about damage, and two you'll light your Oil Slick Arrow as a side effect since it needs fire or energy attacks to light it ablaze.

Wow cool,can you solo stuff with that?

Just now, Elia87 said:

Wow cool,can you solo stuff with that?

I've no experience withTA since Live but the answer is almost certainly yes given the debuffs in the primary (as well as damage).  As I said up thread an Empath has solo'd the ITF at +4/×8 and Empathy has no debuffs and no damage except what can be found outside the primary.  Trick Arrow by comparison has several debuffs quite useful vs hard targets such as AVs and does damage in the primary.  By comparison to Empathy it should solo much quicker and require a less demanding build to do so.

I'd probably look at TA/Sonic.  Sonic provides decent damage and a passable ST Attack chain, but more importantly it provides additional -resistance to take down harder targets.  Also, Sonic is Smash/Energy damage, and Oil Slick can be lit by either Fire or Energy damage.

What this team needs is more Defenders