Visual/audible warning for Domination running out?

BLVD

It would be great if for Dominators we could see some kind of visual or audible warning for when our Domination is about to run out, especially for permadoms. I was thinking it would go off 5 seconds before it runs out. It is SO frustrating to build up domination, use it, and then hear that sound of it wearing off before getting a chance to stack it. 

I know that you can see the small icon under your XP bar start blinking, but IMO that isn't enough of warning. It's easy to lose track of that among all the other icons there. 

• Like 1

At the risk of stating the obvious, put it on auto?  Ctrl+click it and you should see a little green ring.  That means it will automatically activate as long as it's recharged  and the bar is sufficiently high.  For a Perma-Dom, this means it won't drop (unless you'd get slowed, or something, below the threshold, in which case it would drop anyway).

Edited by Lazarillo

Rather than hardcode something for Domination and Domination alone, maybe something where you can right click the buff icon, and then one of the right click options could be "Monitor this buff" to indicate which buff(s) you care about, and have them (and ONLY them) do some other kind of flashier warning as they're running low. 

Ie, Domination, not so much a big deal for me, my Dom has plenty of permadom to spare, and I'm pretty good at refreshing long before it would drop on me. 

But I'd like this for my /SR scrapper, for Elude. 

It's very very rare that I need Elude. But, sometimes, a sapper gets lucky and detoggles me, and I quickly punch Elude to say "NOPE!!!!", and then Claw them all down. 

But it lasts juuuuust long enough to forget about it, and to get myself in trouble when it fades.  If I had a 10 second or even 5 second warning that was harder to miss, I'd love it. 

I'm sure other people would have their own particular buffs / use cases, too.

55 minutes ago, Lazarillo said:

At the risk of stating the obvious, put it on auto?  Ctrl+click it and you should see a little green ring.  That means it will automatically activate as long as it's recharged  and the bar is sufficiently high.  For a Perma-Dom, this means it won't drop (unless you'd get slowed, or something, below the threshold, in which case it would drop anyway).

I use binds to rotate the auto power between hasten and domination on my movement and attack keys. However, if I happen to not use one of the keys in time, domination may not get executed fast enough. I can leave domination on auto but I would have to execute hasten as soon as its recharged, which brings up the same problem again. 

55 minutes ago, MTeague said:

Rather than hardcode something for Domination and Domination alone, maybe something where you can right click the buff icon, and then one of the right click options could be "Monitor this buff" to indicate which buff(s) you care about, and have them (and ONLY them) do some other kind of flashier warning as they're running low. 

Ie, Domination, not so much a big deal for me, my Dom has plenty of permadom to spare, and I'm pretty good at refreshing long before it would drop on me. 

But I'd like this for my /SR scrapper, for Elude. 

It's very very rare that I need Elude. But, sometimes, a sapper gets lucky and detoggles me, and I quickly punch Elude to say "NOPE!!!!", and then Claw them all down. 

But it lasts juuuuust long enough to forget about it, and to get myself in trouble when it fades.  If I had a 10 second or even 5 second warning that was harder to miss, I'd love it. 

I'm sure other people would have their own particular buffs / use cases, too.

That would be awesome. That would be useful for any powers that crash.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, tan702 said:

That would be awesome. That would be useful for any powers that crash.

I agree as long as it's optional. The new Sorcery:Arcane Bolt puts a big red message in the middle of the screen when the build up proc fires.

So, the mechanic is there in the code.

13 hours ago, tan702 said:

It would be great if for Dominators we could see some kind of visual or audible warning for when our Domination is about to run out, especially for permadoms. I was thinking it would go off 5 seconds before it runs out. It is SO frustrating to build up domination, use it, and then hear that sound of it wearing off before getting a chance to stack it. 

I know that you can see the small icon under your XP bar start blinking, but IMO that isn't enough of warning. It's easy to lose track of that among all the other icons there. 

This is a NOT a perfect solution, but you can use binds to keep switching the auto fire between hasten and dom.