Rewatching Mythbusters

DougGraves

On xfinity, Mythbusters is now available on demand from seasons 1-14.  I think it ends with the last season with the build team.  You can fast forward to skip commercials, so it is nice to watch.

I am rewatching backwards.  Starting at the last episode they have and working my way back.  I am surprised at how little I remember and how much fun the episodes are.  It's my current feel good show.

I re-watched the series a while back after Jesse died.  I'd forgotten about her, which is terrible, and I'd wanted to correct that.  I did remember Scotty, but I remembered the Kari era best, probably because it was both the last and the longest.    I do recall paying closer attention to the undercurrent between Jamie and Adam, having learned a bit more about their differences during the interim.  It's probably time to again re-watch the series, now that we've unfortunately lost Grant.  

The cool thing about Mythbuster is that most of it will remain valid and therefore fresh, for decades to come.  Some technology displayed or used will show as dated in 30 years, but most will have a timeless element.  Besides, who doesn't love instantly atomizing a cement truck leaving a massive distorted peal of thunder in its passing? 😁

Edited by Techwright
  • Like 1