Scrap/Brute Decision

Doogleburg

7 hours ago, ninja surprise said:

That's just weird, but I hadn't thought about the difference between a taunt aura and a damage aura. Ice has Icicles and Chilling Embrace, and Chilling seems to aggro lots of foes.  I'll run through a room, touching them all with the Embrace, quickly exceeding the aggro cap. After I've defeated some, others will come running over if Chilling Embrace touched them.

The difference between the two is whether stuff wants to stick around, and specifically to you. Damage, or even just walking past, gets you on enemies' aggro list, however, taunt effects specifically make them focus on you over all others. Something that is taunted won't run away, which is the classic argument for a brute over scrapper, as chasing down runners is annoying. Very apparent in group play too when no one has an taunt aura of any sort, I see it a lot in SBBs, the bosses run all over the place even if you have one of these damage auras going. If you had a taunt aura, they'd stick in place. Or even today I was running a TF as the only melee, as a Rad/Ice scrapper, they all expected me to tank, and I had the defense to do so, but I couldn't keep anything focused on me, I'd stand in the middle of a pack of enemies and they'd keep turning to smack the ranged folks.

• Like 1

The Alphabet Bunnies
Currently Building: Dark/Fire Tanker, Merc/Time MM

50 Bunnies: Alpha Bunny (Il/Rad Controller) Beta-Bunny (FF/BR Defender) Gamma-Bunny (Seismic/Stone Sent) Epsilon Bunny (Spines/Invul Scrapper) Theta Bunny (Willpower/Axe Tanker) Zeta Bunny (DB/EnA Stalker) Lambda Bunny (Bio/SvgM Tanker) Xi Bunny (Stone/Stone Stalker) Sigma Bunny (SR/KM Tanker) Upsilon Bunny (Shield/DM Tanker) Chi Bunny (Fire Farmer Brute) Omega Bunny (Claws/Ninja Scrapper) F - araday Bunny (Elec/Elec Defender)
50 Non-Bunnies: Darboux (Crab Spider) Invisible Icicle (Ice/Bio Stalker) Cooling-Tower (Rad/Ice Tanker) Ferrouscious Feline (Invul/WM Tanker) Bill the Yeti (SavM/Ice Stalker) Sally Salamander (Fire/MA Tanker) Blade Azure (Kat/EnA Scrapper) 

Electric Armor Brutes are stupid hard to kill and have really good DPS for a reason. Capping SLFC resist and being SL defense soft capped with a lot of debuff resistance is pretty cool. ANd you get a damage aura. Oh, and a good heal and good regen.

• Like 2