Temp power - travel - void skiff, carpet, etc

Ukase

I was pretty annoyed when I'd bought my first void skiff, as it had detoggled all my armors. This latest patch, you folks opted to change this, and that's fantastic! But why can't we use our powers while in flight? In most cases, it's not a big deal, but in certain situations - fires in steel come to mind, flight is useful. But it's so situational, it's not worth taking flight - which is still slower than SS (all travel powers should be the same speed!) 

I suggest you allow us to take the temp flight powers and still be able to use a fire extinguisher, or even our own attacks. I don't see the harm. If someone wants to forgo a legit travel power, let them. They'll be slower, it's a fair tradeoff. 

1 hour ago, Ukase said:

I was pretty annoyed when I'd bought my first void skiff, as it had detoggled all my armors. This latest patch, you folks opted to change this, and that's fantastic! But why can't we use our powers while in flight? In most cases, it's not a big deal, but in certain situations - fires in steel come to mind, flight is useful. But it's so situational, it's not worth taking flight - which is still slower than SS (all travel powers should be the same speed!) 

I suggest you allow us to take the temp flight powers and still be able to use a fire extinguisher, or even our own attacks. I don't see the harm. If someone wants to forgo a legit travel power, let them. They'll be slower, it's a fair tradeoff. 

It was recently stated by the developer Faultline that the various flight temp powers put you in OAS because it would break a whole host of animations otherwise.  Sorry.

Edited by Apparition
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It fucks the animations, although sometimes it's interesting when it does. There are servers that have broken just about everything, including the powers mentioned here, and allow other powers to be used while on these (as well as allowing them to be enhanced) I really think people asking for things like this (or freeform builds, or any number of other changes) should spend some time and level a character on one of the servers that have these options available. I think for most people, they'd realize they don't really want it after all.

6 hours ago, Tyrannical said:

It's a vanity power, not a combat power.

Basically this. It can't be THAT hard to squeeze out one pool power somewhere in one of your three builds to fit a real travel power.

And if it is?  really that not doable across that many builds?

Then that person made thier choice to sacrifice ariel combat on the altar of min-maxiness.

If it's only needed for very specific very termporary things like steel canyon fire badges, there's raptor packs.