All pets in the pool!

After seeing another thread (on top of in-game arguments) about masterminds and group fly - this time from a MM being told to turn it off - I decided to throw out an idea, the kernel of which was blatantly stolen from one of the arguments during an MSR. :)

A pet pool.

I was going to say "a mastermind pool," but I could see controllers/doms wanting some of this to go with *their* pets (yes, Mind, I know, you don't get one - or, everything's your pet, but wouldn't be affected by this. Take two fresh chocolate chip cookies.)

So, what's the issue to be solved? Unwanted group fly when a MM is running it. Yes, "you can see Null," but that's not always a feasable solution (see: Everlasting MSRs and Hami raids, where leaving the zone means you *might* not be getting back in. Not to mention wanting it on for some things, off for others.)

I don't know if it's mechanically possible to add an "only affects pets" switch to the existing power somehow (again, via null, I'd assume) but just in case, well...

But we can't have a pool with just that, obviously. So, a roughly fleshed out pet-travel-and-control pool. Not sure if it should just be visible to pet classes (mm/controller/dom,) or if that's even possible - feel free to discuss.

Names... I'm not married to. Just making them different from other pools with similar powers.

1. Pack fly.

Because, group fly, but only affecting the MM and pets. Low, because if this is what a pet class wants for a travel power and they rely on their minions for damage and their HP... they shouldn't be penalized for it, so available at 4.

2. Gather the pack.

Dual role here. One, team TP, but for pets. Two, "Assemble the team," but for pets, because yelling "Get BACK here!" sometimes isn't fast enough. Just cast it at your current spot.

3. Team Targeting.

Combination of Assault and Tactics... again, affecting the caster and pets. Given how mastermind pets also lose levels as you get more of them, they can use the help. Since you can't slot for additional damage in Assault, this'll take end, tohit, and tohit sets.

Yes, it stacks with Leadership, if you want that end cost. No, I don't think it's a big deal, because VEATs. Being a pool power, it's still less powerful than what they have (or would be by default, I'll let someone else mess with numbers) - but it's one pick here.

4. Pack defense

Maneuvers, for the MM and pets. Doesn't affect the rest of the team, other than having a healthier MM.

5. Pet heal.

Wide-ish AOE pet heal. Get them all, since it's top tier it should also be a fairly healthy heal (heh,) perhaps with absorb. Since some, but not all, sets get very inconsistent heals - AOE, single target, fast, slow, both - this gives some options to MMs that have a secondary like Poison (with a slow, single target heal.)

Nope, not throwing numbers out, I'll let someone else argue over those. This is more a concept. Enjoy.

• Like 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Sounds like a nice idea. I'd like it even better if one of the powers would accept pet damage sets that could serve as a mule for the uniques. The MM sets without an extra power that can take those are really tough to build since the introduction of ATOs.