Expert Marksman Fast Snipe IO and AR Sniper Rifle

LeoTheCat

Slotting the IO (Range/Fast Snipe) from Expert Marksman turns off the additional damage and range from Sniper Rifle while out of combat. My understanding was that this would increase the animation speed and attack speed, not remove the additional benefits of the power. In its present state, I'm not sure what the benefit of slotting this IO would be.

Is this intentional? Thank you for reading.

I think it's intentional. It was roll-over from before the sunset.

The quick snipe reduces the interrupt time. 

Some people always seem to have problems getting a snipe shot off with the long interrupt.

I thought it was cool so I thought I would slot it. It seemed pretty cool, but I didn't realize that Homecoming has already set it up so that it goes into the quick snipe mode when in combat.

So yeah, it isn't very useful as it is effectively built-in at this point.

Should they change it to do something else? probably.

What would that be? I don't know. Maybe non-combat invisibility at such a range that it only works against enemy snipers - but then it would only be any use at higher levels.

Edited by UltraAlt

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

It's intentional. That's what the IO does - it makes it so you always act as if you're already in combat when activating your snipe. The primary target user for this are folks who had perma-fast snipe through the old toHit-based mechanics and disliked that the new "in-combat" version causes them to switch between activation modes. If you want the benefits of slow snipe as an opener, don't slot this IO.

• Thumbs Up 1