Sleet/Freezing Rain Don't Appear to Do Containment Damage

Katharos

Sleet from Cold Domination and Freezing Rain from Storm Summoning don't appear to benefit from the controller inherent and don't seem to apply double damage when hitting targets that are held, immobilised, stunned, or asleep, according to COD. I thought this might be a technical limitation of AOE pseudopets until I saw that Ice Storm in the Ice Mastery ancillary does do containment damage, doubling the cold damage portion of ice storm, which is visible in combat logs.

Power pool AOE attacks that create pseudopets also don't apply containment damage to qualifying targets, either, significantly reducing the AOE capabilities of early to mid game controllers. Bopper thinks that's a real technical limitation that would take serious work to correct rather than a proper bug and that makes sense to me.

26 minutes ago, Katharos said:
29 minutes ago, Captain Powerhouse said:
On 3/16/2021 at 4:10 PM, Katharos said:

why isn't sentinel bioarmour's athletic regulation getting a look?

Oversight, it will be addressed in the next build.

Oh no. Oh god. What have I done? 

This is probably intentional.  Sleet and Freezing Rain do so little damage (0.33 per tick at level 50 before the -Res) that Containment would be near pointless.  Not to mention neither of those powers are actually meant to be used for their damage (Gale is a counterpoint, I know, but Gale actually does less damage then Sleet/Freezing Rain even with Containment) while Ice Storm is more damage than it is a slow.  It could also be an oversight as there are very few damaging powers in Controller secondaries at all, with most being pet or pseudo damage like Storm or Traps (Gale seems to be the only one that actually lists Containment damage in it's description).  I'm still thinking intentional though given that Sleet and Freezing Rain aren't meant to be damage dealing powers but instead a crowd debuff.

Incidentally, Ice Storm's containment damage isn't double.  Ice Storm does 50/50 Lethal/Cold.  The listed Containment damage is another 50 as Cold, so Containment Ice Storm is only doing 150% instead of 200%.  However I don't actually have the power to try it myself (only viewed the power in a respec window, not actually having it).

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

Nah, you’re right Zork. I noticed the 150% thing myself on the beta server. But when you’re in a drought, you’ll be grateful for even a trickle. 

Not sure why city of data says the pseudopets for both last only for 15 seconds. I’ve actually timed it before and both pseudopets last for 30, and mids agrees with me. They’re easily perma-able. (I’m going to double check this in the morning and eat crow, just watch) Only the MM version lasts for 15. Anyway, .33 per tick over 30 seconds is comparable to the AOE immobilises if much slower, and AOE immobilises both generate and benefit from containment. If sleep deprivation hasn’t rotted my mind. 

26 minutes ago, Katharos said:
29 minutes ago, Captain Powerhouse said:
On 3/16/2021 at 4:10 PM, Katharos said:

why isn't sentinel bioarmour's athletic regulation getting a look?

Oversight, it will be addressed in the next build.

Oh no. Oh god. What have I done?