Just regular guy comment about Trick arrow VS Kinetics.

plainguy

I play a lot of Petless mastermind builds and I have a whip kin and a whip Trick arrow.  I have pretty much many whip builds that can achieve a specific defense cap.  

Though Kin sound great because of the drain and heal and much better since they changed it. But overall Trick Arrow with all its buff and debuffs just out shines Kin for killing power speed.  

Mind you my Kin is fully defense capped and my Trick arrow is not.. 

I am doing 8/4 COT radio mission on both. I try to get either a COT mission or a council mission for farming purposes.

But even when draining mobs down to nothing their powers, and I mean all of them only cost 1 endurance.. So there is no real way to just totally drain a mob down to steady 0 or 1 endurance.. Which means a level 54 boss can still hit you with 6 attacks if he has 6 endurance. 

End result I find myself "Trying to stay alive" with the Kin much more than the Trick arrow toon.  

I would imagine this would also roll over to a full pet mastermind as well.

I would imagine a Trick arrow ninja with full pets and provoke would work well based on the defense number I have solo. 

4 hours ago, PyrioldFarm said:

As far as i understand, endurance sucking only really helps if you have a recovery debuff going along with it, like some elec powers have.

Definitely the case. And even then you need very good recovery debuffs, which most electric attacks don't have. Electric Assault, Electrical Melee, Electric Blast all have a -100% recovery debuff attached to most of their attacks, but it only lasts 2 seconds, and most (all?) are only a chance to even do that, so 20% chance to do -100% recovery for 2 seconds. So even if you luck out and get the debuff, if you back off from attacks for even a bit the enemy will recover some endurance and be able to attack.

However, Electric Control for Dom/Controller gets longer duration recovery debuffs. Tesla Cage is 4 seconds, 30% chance, Chain Fences is 6 seconds, 40% chance, Jolting Chain is 8 seconds, 50% chance, Synpatic Overload is 8 seconds, 100% chance. Gremlins have 2 attacks wiht 30% 4seconds. Starts to get to where you can keep something at zero endurance if you keep momentum up.

Electric Affinity gets good tools here too, nothing at -100% but they get a 25 seconds -50% in Discharge (MM only) and -75% for 25 seconds in Shock. Of course then you have no way to drain with just that.

Elec/Elec Controller or Elec/Elec Dom have the best chance of really sapping stuff and keeping it at nothing for a bit, and its still constant work.

The Alphabet Bunnies
Currently Building: Dark/Fire Tanker, Merc/Time MM

50 Bunnies: Alpha Bunny (Il/Rad Controller) Beta-Bunny (FF/BR Defender) Gamma-Bunny (Seismic/Stone Sent) Epsilon Bunny (Spines/Invul Scrapper) Theta Bunny (Willpower/Axe Tanker) Zeta Bunny (DB/EnA Stalker) Lambda Bunny (Bio/SvgM Tanker) Xi Bunny (Stone/Stone Stalker) Sigma Bunny (SR/KM Tanker) Upsilon Bunny (Shield/DM Tanker) Chi Bunny (Fire Farmer Brute) Omega Bunny (Claws/Ninja Scrapper) F - araday Bunny (Elec/Elec Defender)
50 Non-Bunnies: Darboux (Crab Spider) Invisible Icicle (Ice/Bio Stalker) Cooling-Tower (Rad/Ice Tanker) Ferrouscious Feline (Invul/WM Tanker) Bill the Yeti (SavM/Ice Stalker) Sally Salamander (Fire/MA Tanker) Blade Azure (Kat/EnA Scrapper) 

On 6/15/2021 at 8:57 AM, PyrioldFarm said:

As far as i understand, endurance sucking only really helps if you have a recovery debuff going along with it, like some elec powers have.

Wasn't thinking that at the time and honestly wasn't aware of the 1 endurance cost for powers for NPC.. I just thought they had a power pool and similar cost for attacks like we did.. I know foolish thought.. End result big AV bosses still could easily kill you because Kin isn't debuffing. 

Playing Petless or Semi-petless Masterminds, ENDURANCE is a BIG issue.. You can't even level up because the attacks just crush your spirit.

But KIN covers all these bases.. But nothing to debuff the bosses like Trick Arrow does.