help with better enhancements?

Carbie48

i dont know much about these crafted or special enhancements found on the AH... i have a ice/ice controller and would like to boost it with better enhancements. i dont know where to start, looking at them on the AH confuses me to the point where i quit the game and make a new character...  can anyone help me? 

I recommend that you download the hero designer from Midsreborn.com.  That will let you choose any AT, powersets, powers, slots, and enhancements and see what the numbers for all your attributes will be.  How much damage will a power do, how quick will it recharge, how much defense you will have, etc.

After you play around with it, you can post a build that you made and let build gurus have a look and suggest possible changes to make you even better!

Here's a thread with three similar builds made with MidsReborn.  They look pretty good, but expensive.  Still that gives you a good idea of how to slot and something to shoot for. 

Edited by Bionic_Flea

Don’t feel too bad.  I’m also still confused about the options with enhancements.

No need to delete the game or a character.  The good thing is that influence is very easy to get.  So you can experiment with your builds.   If you don’t like what a certain set offers, try a different one.

what level is the toon you are wanting to enhance ?

Personally, I stick with the basic enhancements that can be bought at any store, until I hit level 50.  I know others who start picking up IOS around 25.

• Thumbs Down 1

And honestly the game is very forgiving on builds being a long way off from ideal giving you time to learn and experiment with what is put into your powers.  You don't need to use IOs or IO sets for 99% of the game.  SOs will work just fine, particularly when teaming.  Get familiar with what SOs work in the power to improve it the way you want it to.  Do you like your Hold power to hold longer or do damage?  Are you running out of endurance?  Do you want it coming back faster?  Obviously you want all of that but which do you want or need most?  All builds basically come down to choice and compromise between all those things.