Enhancement Set Bonus Range in Beta Server

huang3721

I recently created a build for low level missions (10-30). I ran a flashback mission to test my build. However, when I finished testing and my toon reverted back to level 50, her enhancement bonuses were still active. I thought enhancement bonuses for uncommon and rare have a limited range?

gANXwoI.jpg

All her bonuses were intact.

Is this a bug or is there another rule in the Beta Server?

Thanks.

To the best of my limited knowledge, as long as you meet the minimum level requirements for the set you get the bonuses.  The set's top level only sets how powerful the individual IOs can be.  

For example, Triage has a level range of 10-30 and has 4 enhancements. So you grab the first 2 at level 10, the third one at level 20, and that fourth 1 at level 30. So at level 7 (The soonest you could slot the first 2) you start getting the first set bonus. You'd keep that set bonus all the way up to level 50+.  Then with number 3 you'd get that bonus at level 17 (again the soonest you could slot it)  and keep it. Finally the fourth one can be slotted at level 27 and of course keep it as long as you're above level 27.  

Now say you decide that those 2 at level 10 really aren't strong enough to be worth  it. You can use a special salvage from the merit vendor to change them into attuned IOs.  (Or just plunk the money down on the auction house for the attuned ones) Then as you level up from 7, those first 2 will get stronger as well, but will stop growing in strength at level 30 (the top level of our example set) . If you ever exemplar back to level 7, you'd still keep the set bonus from having the first 2 slotted.  (Of course you'd still get the benefits from having the other two slots filled, but since you're too low for the set bonuses number 3 and 4 the game would treat them like regular old enhancement.)

Make sense now??

• Thumbs Up 1

As has been said there is no upper limit for the set bonuses, when the IOs say they have a slottable range of say 17-40 it just means that after 40 the IO won't give any further stat increases from the individual IOs (acc/dam/rech and the like) but you will continue to get any applicable set bonuses all the way to 50.

Bopper: "resistance resists resistible resistance debuffs"