Sister Psyche Task Force

Techwright

Why is the Sister Psyche Task Force not part of the weekly spotlighted task force list? 

The seemingly obvious answer is that it is now an ouroboros task force, but is that really the only reason and is it truly sufficient?  We do get a badge for it, after all, so why not put it in purple-clad rotation?

19 hours ago, Techwright said:

Why is the Sister Psyche Task Force not part of the weekly spotlighted task force list? 

The seemingly obvious answer is that it is now an ouroboros task force, but is that really the only reason and is it truly sufficient?  We do get a badge for it, after all, so why not put it in purple-clad rotation?

WST or not, its still great xp, merits and FUN

On 6/15/2021 at 3:21 PM, Psylenz0511 said:

WST or not, its still great xp, merits and FUN

Right.  Exactly why I could wish it be a 2nd or 3rd choice in a WST.   "Fun" and merrypessimist's "annoying" are subjective, and no amount of forum discussion will resolve that.

The "does not launch from the LFG interface" make sense, though I'd think that might be a simple thing to add.  The "no longer canonical content" I've acknowledged in my OP, (and I'd add if it is in Ouro, it is canon, but no longer present, just history) but surely those cannot be the only reasons?  I mean you have the Cavern Trial which some can finish in 30 seconds or less, and it qualifies, so why not a task force that still issues a badge that still visually matches up with the others in the big 6. 

45 minutes ago, Techwright said:

Right.  Exactly why I could wish it be a 2nd or 3rd choice in a WST.   "Fun" and merrypessimist's "annoying" are subjective, and no amount of forum discussion will resolve that.

The "does not launch from the LFG interface" make sense, though I'd think that might be a simple thing to add.  The "no longer canonical content" I've acknowledged in my OP, (and I'd add if it is in Ouro, it is canon, but no longer present, just history) but surely those cannot be the only reasons?  I mean you have the Cavern Trial which some can finish in 30 seconds or less, and it qualifies, so why not a task force that still issues a badge that still visually matches up with the others in the big 6. 

I recently did the Ouroboros Positron TF in all its glory warts and all, and I have to say, that task force is annoying as hell. Go see Azuria, go back to Positron, and then go to a different zone for a door mission, so much ridiculous running around. Sister Psyche doesn't have that. It does feature different zones, but I didn't feel like a ping pong ball being bounced around between contacts. 

• Like 1

Plus if you are so inclined you can get Task Force Commander still using Psyche instead of Yin. (Yep, tested that.)

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

• 2 weeks later
On 6/19/2021 at 10:24 PM, Darmian said:

Plus if you are so inclined you can get Task Force Commander still using Psyche instead of Yin. (Yep, tested that.)

Really?  That's rather cool.  If anything, that adds to the idea that Psyche could be in the rotation.

I don't know about this TF not being canonical anymore. It's different enough that it could be earlier in Clamor's career as a villain. Yes, it WAS removed. That doesn't prove anything.

• Like 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )