Trio of Doom revisited

I don't expect many of you remember that on live I organized a trio inspired by the excellent musical combo of the same name that featured Jaco Pastorius, Tony Williams & John McLaughlin.

The idea was simple enough - three players create three toons and run the entire content from 1-50 and beyond - as a trio, only teaming with others when necessary (such as ITrials etc) We had a lot of fun but the couple of goes I had never quite finished and then sunset... 😞

Given that I'm playing a lot more now, I thought it would be fun to revive that idea, hence; this post!

My thoughts are that we are based around the classic trio of tank, support & dps - but in this game "tank" can mean a lot of things so I'm very open to suggestions from would be participants. (If there's enough interest I wouldn't object to running as a league of Trios)

Time zones are important in this context. Being in the UK I'm usually done by about midnight UK/4pm Pacific/7pm Eastern) with a little more leeway on non-weekdays. (Again if there's enough interest outside of those times, feel free to run it up yourselves)

So that's my idea - comment below if you're interested please and let's take it from there and I leave you with this as inspiration:

Edited by Scarlet Shocker
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

There's a fine line between a numerator and a denominator but only a fraction of people understand that.

I would love something like this.  But as you pointed out scheduling... life happens.   

my SG does about an hour+ or a redside crawl and a blueside crawl each week. 1-50.  In 40s now.  There are plans for a goldside crawl next.

i would love a hard charging small group that ran content like this.  I have run Redside from 1-50 as a completionist project a few times.  

But, interest and long term scheduling 

Good luck on tour project.  

Edited by Snarky

A couple friends and I are doing exactly this now. And streaming it. We've gone through Hollows content and just finished Faultline. We've done Posi and Synapse. We'll be starting Striga this week. (Then onto Croatoa.)

We are also talking about a red side trio.

5 hours ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

I don't expect many of you remember that on live I organized a trio inspired by the excellent musical combo of the same name that featured Jaco Pastorius, Tony Williams & John McLaughlin.

I have an electric corruptor Jonas Hellborg on Torchbearer!
Very cool idea, and I thank you for the new music discovery... Never heard of the Trio of Doom. Have you heard Shakti? Bill Laswell's Axiom stuff is very good as well.

4 hours ago, Vulpoid said:

I have an electric corruptor Jonas Hellborg on Torchbearer!
Very cool idea, and I thank you for the new music discovery... Never heard of the Trio of Doom. Have you heard Shakti? Bill Laswell's Axiom stuff is very good as well.

I don't mind what shard we run on, I'm open to any so if your guy is lvl 1 it may work. Glad you like the groove, Worth reading their Wikipedia entry, and I've heard of both outfits but can't tell you much about them.

5 hours ago, TraumaTrain said:

A couple friends and I are doing exactly this now. And streaming it. We've gone through Hollows content and just finished Faultline. We've done Posi and Synapse. We'll be starting Striga this week. (Then onto Croatoa.)

We are also talking about a red side trio.

I would strongly favour red side having done this on gold - I love the red content once you get out of Mercy. It's good to enjoy that stuff with a team. Doesn't happen often.

• Thumbs Up 1

There's a fine line between a numerator and a denominator but only a fraction of people understand that.

1 hour ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

I don't mind what shard we run on, I'm open to any so if your guy is lvl 1 it may work.

Best of luck!
I wasn't actually looking to contribute, although I like the idea ( grad school has me pinned down for a bit) Jonas Hellborg played bass with weather report like Jaco, and John McLaughlin was in the group as well from time to time. I just loved the idea....

24 minutes ago, Vulpoid said:

Best of luck!
I wasn't actually looking to contribute, although I like the idea ( grad school has me pinned down for a bit) Jonas Hellborg played bass with weather report like Jaco, and John McLaughlin was in the group as well from time to time. I just loved the idea....

I didn't know of Jonas but knew of McLaughlin