trying to make my first troll having some problems picking a set up..

rockroom

so when i first played way way back on live. my first taste of this game was my friends fully decked out grav/storm. 

so trying to pick a setup good for solo and team play.

grav/storm is the only on my already paired list(no idea his build but would be a trip down memory lane)

so my mains on my list are

stone/(always wanted to try something outside stone melee/assualt) 

ice/ love my ice/ice stalker so semi like it i guess

dark/ just cause i like the wolf lol

grav/ old time sake

2nrdarys

rad/ love rad always have either me using on defender or a team mate

sonic/ good team player and usefull even on full IO teams

storm/ its storm lol

kin/ helps me solo better but with right build huge help to team

thermal/ top end everyone has this s/l def but the boost in res would help.

what would be some solid pair ups. i dont lack inf have around 700mil so can make a balling build.

i have a large amount of brutes/tank/stalkes. 2 defenders,5 masterminds and 1 lone blaster.. wanna branch out

I'm not sure that I understand what you are asking.  If you liked your grav/storm on live, just make another one on HC.  Why not?  It's a solid combo.

I'm partial to plant and stone for control and to nature and time for secondaries, but these aren't all on your lists. 

Given what you have said, I would suggest just running whatever you like and making it work with your build/slotting. 

• Like 1

Earth/Storm -> lots of control available from Earth as Tahliah mentions while Storm offers lots of offense.

Plant/Storm  -> very offensive either they're chewing themselves up (Seeds of Confusion) or you are (Storm as mentioned above)

Illusion/Traps -> for a very different experience especially for solo gaming.  Move about placing your traps, totally ignored while your pets draw the aggro and those traps debuff the daylights out of your foes for those pets.  FFG gives you mez protection and makes gaining lots of defense relatively easy.

Fire/Kinetics -> a classic it still does its thing really well namely self and team damage buffing.  The firemonkies are fragile and chaotic buggers but as a whole do a lot of damage buffed to the cap.

Dark/Cold -> near the top of my own personal 'sets I want try' list.  Powerful debuffer and 'dark' and 'cold' just screams thematic pairing to me.

And many more.  You've got a 1000 slots, have at it!

• Like 1

Given your list, I would look at Grav/Storm, Earth/Storm, or Ice/Rad.  All of them are strong and can eventually solo reasonably well.  Both Earth and Ice will be control monsters, but slow to solo pre-32ish.   Grav is a bit of a late bloomer on the control end, but has plenty of dps to make it solo more easily at lower levels.