Staff/Ninja

Some Random User

I recently made a Staff/Ninja and took Super Jump as a travel power. Things have been going fairly well, with my intuitive decisions on the build working decently without much difficulty. I've even dipped into Concealment so I can give my teammates Stealth. What I'm mostly interested in is the community's thoughts on Enhancements, specifically. I've been struggling with Enhancements because when I originally played (around I2-I6) there were only T.O.s, D.O.s, S.O.s, and H.O.s. Nothing else existed back then, and I've been getting frustrated with the idea of already crafting sets. When level 25 I.O.s became available I expected to slot them and not reslot them until post-45.

Other questions:

Although I'm mostly worried about Enhancements I'm also interested in power selections in the Primary and Secondary sets. Insights are appreciated.

Is there a specific travel power that is an especially good idea for this powerset combination, possibly because of what else is in the pool set?

Also, any possible pitfalls this combination may run into at higher levels (>35, >45, =50).

no replies because stalkers are not very popular.

get the hero builder and play. shoot for positional softcap defenses (45%, but more is also good as that is the cap for an even con) and some recharge so you can have an attack chain without mercurial blow.

at 22 start using basic io's. while the initial investment will be over 2 million, it will save you money in the long run.

even the old forums were sparse of builds and threads.

How are you liking the feel of the set? I noticed that the power cut to make room for an Assassin's Strike is the form toggle that other versions get. That seemed like gutting the thing that gave it flavor. So are you finding it good? I have a buddy who is playing Staff/Rad as a stalker and he seems to love it.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

so you can have an attack chain without mercurial blow.

Is MB still worthwhile with Achille's Heel down the road?  I think I remember a chain with MB (heel proc) as the opener before Precise Strike, Assassin's Staff leading to Sky Splitter. 

Though I am not sure if that is still as good a route to go.

I have only played this Stalker, but this is favorably fun compared to my other most played (a Brute). The solo play works and when in a party without a tank, getting to initiate is a fun alternative to what most groups are used to.

I will have more of an opinion after I slot I.O.s later.