Island Rum Not Working After Update (6/21/21)

cfarevival

So Yesterday (Before the Server Crash or during?) I opened Island Rum and it began to install and updated version.  Once installed, it closed and reopened...with nothing but a small, black screen.  If I click on the bottom right corner of the black screen, it closes, but other than that, nada.  Here is a screenshot of what I am getting:

image.jpeg.877d4104e9ebf7a8b234f70efd22f9ff.jpeg

As you can see, it is very exciting.  Anyone have any ideas at all about what is going on?

Thanks,

Nux

image.png

Server:  Everlasting

Notable Toons:  Nux Aukairo (Savage Melee/Dark Armor Brute), Boanerges Aukairo (Electric Melee/Shield Defense Brute) Lux Aukairo (Beam Rifle/Radiation Emission Corruptor), EVENT HORlZON (Fire/Gravity Dominator), CharcoaI (Savage Melee/Fiery Aura Brute), lsotope (Radiation Melee/Dark Armor Brute), CLERlC (Dual Pistols/Time Corruptor), RoidRage (Invulnerability/Super Strength Tank), BasiIisk (Psi/Dark Stalker), Meissner Effect (Electric/Energy Tanker), Burn Card (Dual Pistols/Fiery Aura Sentinel), Nux (Dark Melee/Dark Armor Scrapper), Mecha Nux (Radiation Armor/Energy Melee Tanker), AE0NAUT (Beam Rifle/Temporal Manipulation Blaster)

• Game Master

First, consider migrating to the Homecoming Launcher for Mac:

https://islandrum.eekstudio.com/mac-installer.zip

If you would rather keep using Island Rum, though, I've removed the certificate from the pre-Catalina version.  You might have to re-download it:

https://islandrum.eekstudio.com/islandrum-mac.zip

• Thanks 1

Mac expert and designer of Homecoming for Mac.

HAHA!  Working now!  Thanks so much!

Notable Toons:  Nux Aukairo (Savage Melee/Dark Armor Brute), Boanerges Aukairo (Electric Melee/Shield Defense Brute) Lux Aukairo (Beam Rifle/Radiation Emission Corruptor), EVENT HORlZON (Fire/Gravity Dominator), CharcoaI (Savage Melee/Fiery Aura Brute), lsotope (Radiation Melee/Dark Armor Brute), CLERlC (Dual Pistols/Time Corruptor), RoidRage (Invulnerability/Super Strength Tank), BasiIisk (Psi/Dark Stalker), Meissner Effect (Electric/Energy Tanker), Burn Card (Dual Pistols/Fiery Aura Sentinel), Nux (Dark Melee/Dark Armor Scrapper), Mecha Nux (Radiation Armor/Energy Melee Tanker), AE0NAUT (Beam Rifle/Temporal Manipulation Blaster)

Hello, I had this problem and the Homecoming Launcher worked great.   Thanks for that!

I am curious about a couple things.

1. Is my old installation still on my Mac?  I was afraid to go deleting things without knowing.
  2. It seems my costumes directory is still accessible via the new launcher, so it must be sharing with my previous installation somehow?
  3. My player 'info' history and chat history is gone.  I had a pretty extensive list of player history and chat info, but it appears to not have made it to the new installation.  Any tips on how to get that info back?

Thanks again!

• 1 year later
On 6/23/2021 at 4:12 AM, GM Manga said:

First, consider migrating to the Homecoming Launcher for Mac:

https://islandrum.eekstudio.com/mac-installer.zip

If you would rather keep using Island Rum, though, I've removed the certificate from the pre-Catalina version.  You might have to re-download it:

https://islandrum.eekstudio.com/islandrum-mac.zip

Hi Manga,

I wanted to try and get the HC launcher working for my Mac after being on Island Rum before. It wasn't working well so thought I'd change. I'm on 12.5.1 Monterey.

However downloading this and it doesn't work? I can download, it says its installed, but when I try and opened the launcher it just doesn't open up the HC launcher. Any thoughts?

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

Island Rum definitely doesn’t work anymore.  You need the homecoming launcher.

• Game Master
On 10/8/2022 at 1:41 PM, cfarevival said:

Island Rum definitely doesn’t work anymore.  You need the homecoming launcher.

Island Rum does work, but the Homecoming Launcher is preferred.

Anyone attempting a Mac install should start here: https://islandrum.eekstudio.com/mac-installer.zip

• Like 2

Mac expert and designer of Homecoming for Mac.

On 10/10/2022 at 9:33 AM, GM Manga said:

Island Rum does work, but the Homecoming Launcher is preferred.

T.T

I have been living a lie!!!!!