Martial Assault for more than just Dominators

I'd really love to see Martial Assault expanded to an archetype beyond Dominators. With how it seems so evenly split between melee and ranged, it might make a really cool Sentinel primary or Blaster secondary.

(Apologies if any of this has been posted before, but I only turned up a topic to change Martial Assault when I searched.)

Edited by SpartacusCole

7 hours ago, Sunsette said:

Blaster secondary Martial Combat is already very similar to Martial Assault, so I wouldn't expect a port. And wouldn't hold my breath over Sents getting assault sets either though a lot of people (self included) do agree that Sents would be interesting with them.

I'd argue, when a class such as Sentinels was thought of, many players likely envisioned Assault Sets over Blast Sets anyways 😛

There's been some discussion in the past about potentially turning Martial Assault into a sort of 'Martial Blast' by taking all the shuriken powers from the set and pairing them with various NPC powers that also throw blades of some kind.

So it certainly can serve as the basis for a Sentinel primary, among other archetypes, but in it's current form I dont see it translating so well.

• Like 1