Base Planner

Erydanus

Now that bases are free ... and I have completely forgotten the layout of my favorite SG base from back when... it looks like I'm going to have to sit down with a pad of graph paper because doing trial and error layouts under the current server load is just silly imho.

In ye olden days when we really had to worry about power and control and prestige the bases grew organically. I remember I had a standard starter base template I used that would get a med bay and a couple teleporters up and a bit of crafting space with the standard starter prestige, and then grow based on how the SG did. But now? It's overwhelming. For instance do I want to use 1 jumbo teleporter and put a bunch of beacons on it, or do I want to have a row of small porters with their own beacons easy to read in front of them? Or a combo maybe?

What would be great is if we had some kind of base planner app - maybe even something web based - that worked a bit like Vizio but with the various room sizes and shapes in the palette so base layouts could be planned and tinkered with.  At least to get the overall shape of the base planned.

Or, you know, graph paper.

What do you guys like to do to plan your bases? Dig in or paper, or what?

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

Does P-Chat have all the same options? I for one am having a blast filling my base with NPCs, makes it seem more alive, and I don't think the NPCs are in P-Chat. Something to plan for, especially if you want, say, the Icon tailor to have an actual little storefront instead of just standing in the corner of a room.

Actually I think PChat does simulated base building, right?

I was talking about using something to actually plan the layout; something like an online graph paper app. Something I can use to figure out if I can cram a 2x5 or a 3x5 in such and such spot. Oh, I wonder if there are any D&D map planner apps out there? Something like that would be perfect for mapping out a plan for a base. Do you guys know of anything like that?

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!