The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Eden Trial Bug: no ambrosia

Dacy

• Retired Community Rep

Okay, I am very sure this has been brought up before, but I have new information on this troublesome bug. The bug: you get to the room before the mold wall where there are groups containing  Greater Devoured on bridges over a pool in the Eden Trial. The mechanic is, you kill the mobs, and the Greater Devoured drop Ambrosia, a special inspiration that is NEEDED in the final fight, as in, you aren't surviving long enough to be able to kill the Crystal Titan without this protection, because, like Hamidon, the Titan does special damage there is no defense to, unless you have this ambrosia. Which sometimes doesn't drop.

So, I was leading a team of 50+ on the Eden. We get to the Ambrosia room, and nothing drops for us. Super. I bought some VERY expensive inspirations off of the AH, and we finished up. Then  a teammate and I went back in, only this time, I lead with a level 40 character. THIS time, ambrosia dropped for both of us (he was on a lvl  50+ still) at the expected rates.

Originally, Eden Trial was meant as end game content way back when the level cap was 40.  Now, when you do the trial, you aren't set to lvl 41, like you are exemplared for most task forces that are below your combat level, it puts you and the mobs at your level if you are above lvl 40, such as for our group, who were lvl 50+.

So, (and you can follow much of the discussion on the Discord In Game Help channel), we tested a few times, at +0, at +3, at +4, as did others (and at different notorieties), and in our limited sampling, it seems that if you run Eden at +3 or +4, you may (rarely) get an Essence of the Earth drop from the bosses, but not ambrosia. Possibly this is a level limitation, seeing as the trial used to be capped at 41? Ambrosia lists as dropping from 45-55, but clearly this isn't working, either that, or the bosses are considered to con above 55 when it's a 50+3 or 4.

So, could we fix this, please? I'd be happy to have the trial auto ex us to 41 again, I don't need to be 50 to run this. It was never intended to be incarnate content.

I had ambrosia not drop once and i blamed it on skipping the monster quarry.  I turned around and killed the monster and had ambrosia drop after that. 

Of course i have a sample size of 1,  so my results might not be reliable.

I was running as a lvl 50 at -1 and we still get the occadsional EoE drop.

Edited by TheZag

• Retired Community Rep

The first time, when we had no ambrosia, we did kill the quarry. On subsequent tests, we did not kill quarry. It did not seem to affect results either way. 

-Dacy 

• 3 weeks later
On 8/9/2021 at 12:19 AM, Dacy said:

it seems that if you run Eden at +3 or +4

This is the problem you are encountering. If you run Eden on +3 or +4 you won't get many, if any, Ambrosia dropping from the DE bosses on the bridges. It's been a bug for months at this point and crops up on the forums whenever the trial is the WST.

Here's a post from April with the same issue:

If you set a man a flame, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man aflame, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

• Retired Community Rep

Thanks. I wish the search feature was better,  I can never find stuff to see if it's been posted before..I scanned topics in here for a few screens, then went ahead and posted.

Sorry for the repeat.

-Dacy