Kinetics/Sonic Build...

RonJ73

This is a build I did in Mids for a Kin/Sonic defender.  I haven't had the money to fully realize it on the servers, but would appreciate some critiques if you don't mind.

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Technology Defender
Primary Power Set: Kinetics
Secondary Power Set: Sonic Attack
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Flame Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Transfusion -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(3), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(3), Prv-Heal/Rchg(5), Prv-Absorb%(5), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(7)
Level 1: Shriek -- SprVglAss-Rchg/+Absorb(A), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg(9), SprVglAss-Dmg/Rchg(9), SprVglAss-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11)
Level 2: Siphon Power -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 4: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(13), Rct-ResDam%(15), Rct-Def(15), Rct-Def/EndRdx(17), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(17)
Level 6: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 8: Increase Density -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 10: Howl -- SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(37), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(39), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(39)
Level 12: Speed Boost -- EndMod-I(A)
Level 14: Boxing -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(19), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(21), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(31)
Level 16: Shout -- SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(39), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(40), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(43)
Level 18: Tough -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(19), Ags-ResDam(21), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(29)
Level 20: Amplify -- GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(A), GssSynFr--Build%(23), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(23), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(25), GssSynFr--ToHit(27), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(27)
Level 22: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(25), Rct-Def/EndRdx(31), Rct-Def/Rchg(31), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(47)
Level 24: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(34)
Level 26: Transference -- PrfShf-Acc/Rchg(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc/Rchg(33), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(33), PrfShf-EndMod(33), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc(34), PrfShf-End%(34)
Level 28: Assault -- Empty(A)
Level 30: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 32: Fulcrum Shift -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 35: Consume -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 38: Dreadful Wail -- SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(48), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(48)
Level 41: Fire Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(42), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(42), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(42), UnbGrd-Max HP%(43), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(47)
Level 44: Siphon Speed -- ImpSwf-Acc/Slow(A), ImpSwf-Dmg/Slow(45), ImpSwf-Acc/EndRdx(45), ImpSwf-Rng/Slow(45), ImpSwf-Dam%(46), ImpSwf-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow(46)
Level 47: Super Jump -- UnbLea-Stlth(A)
Level 49: Acrobatics -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Vigilance 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(36), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(36)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(36)
Level 50: Support Radial Embodiment 
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon 
------------
------------
Set Bonus Totals:

• 9% DamageBuff(Smashing)
  • 9% DamageBuff(Lethal)
  • 9% DamageBuff(Fire)
  • 9% DamageBuff(Cold)
  • 9% DamageBuff(Energy)
  • 9% DamageBuff(Negative)
  • 9% DamageBuff(Toxic)
  • 9% DamageBuff(Psionic)
  • 21.63% Defense(Melee)
  • 17.56% Defense(Smashing)
  • 17.56% Defense(Lethal)
  • 31.94% Defense(Fire)
  • 31.94% Defense(Cold)
  • 12.25% Defense(Energy)
  • 12.25% Defense(Negative)
  • 6% Defense(Psionic)
  • 11% Defense(Ranged)
  • 30.69% Defense(AoE)
  • 3.6% Max End
  • 3% Enhancement(SpeedJumping)
  • 3% Enhancement(JumpHeight)
  • 3% Enhancement(SpeedFlying)
  • 3% Enhancement(SpeedRunning)
  • 48.75% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
  • 6.25% Enhancement(Max EnduranceDiscount)
  • 15% Enhancement(Accuracy)
  • 30% SpeedFlying
  • GrantPower Preventive Medicine (10% chance, if Scourge)
  • 171.7 HP (16.88%) HitPoints
  • 30% JumpHeight
  • 30% SpeedJumping
  • Knockback (Mag -4)
  • Knockup (Mag -4)
  • MezResist(Confused) 96.25%
  • MezResist(Held) 96.25%
  • MezResist(Immobilized) 96.25%
  • MezResist(Sleep) 96.25%
  • MezResist(Stunned) 96.25%
  • MezResist(Terrorized) 96.25%
  • MezResist(Teleport) 100% (20% chance)
  • 21% (0.35 End/sec) Recovery
  • 60% ResEffect(SpeedFlying)
  • 60% ResEffect(RechargeTime)
  • 60% ResEffect(SpeedRunning)
  • 14.75% Resistance(Smashing)
  • 14.75% Resistance(Lethal)
  • 50% Resistance(Fire)
  • 50% Resistance(Cold)
  • 13.25% Resistance(Energy)
  • 13.25% Resistance(Negative)
  • 11.75% Resistance(Toxic)
  • 11.75% Resistance(Psionic)
  • 30% SpeedRunning

• Thumbs Down 1

• 1 month later

have you looked into brute/scrapper/tank archetypes? it may fit your style of play rather than trying to make a defender into a defensive combat class

not having any accuracy in either siphon power or FS is unadvisable, they’re two of your most important powers and you’ll want them to hit everytime 

a kin/sonic is one of the 2 alts i play since returning in 2019, it has no defence built in and it survives fine. pop a purple if trouble crops up 

Edited by MoonSheep

The build looks like it was built off a fire farm template. But if built for that purpose the accuracy is way too low to reliably hit +4 or +3 mobs in such a farm. (In mids go to options-configuration, navigate to the exemp and base values tab and set the base to hit to 39 to simulate your to hit against +4 mobs.)

And if the intent is to build for extreme survival you are also ignoring that transfusion and some of the other Kinetics powers play a very large part in that strategy, and again, their accuracy is too low to consistently hit during those clutch moments when you need a heal to top you off. As it stands transfusion has a 57% chance to hit against +4s and the other key kin powers such as fulcrum shift are even lower. I think anyone that looks at those values will agree that's not enough against +4s.

Tactics from leadership pool can help your chances to hit but instead you took assault, and late game that power is obsolete because you can get to the damage cap through fulcrum shift. There is a place for assault early game, but based on your desire to build for survival I'd take tactics over assault so you can land your heals.

Consume is redundant when you have transference, acrobatics can easily be replaced by a KB protect IO. I used acrobatics for a long time on live and it can help muscle through one hold, but there are tons of sleeps/stuns out there and what acro covers is so narrow compared to it's end use and how deep into a power pool you need to dig to get it, that it's simply more efficient to carry breakfrees and get a kb protection IO. The power definitely could use a rework.

Fire/Cold defense is way over the softcap and as such a lot of slots are wasted on extra F/C defense that you don't need, Even for Fire farms you only need 45% fire defense, no more. And for general content F/C defense is the least desirable. I find a combination of S/L and Range Defense will have 99% of attack types/vectors covered for those ATs without mez protection.

Thinking that you need to go into melee range means you need to build for melee defense is the biggest trap that I see newbie players that play blasters/defenders and other squishies fall into. Of the defenses range defense is more important, range defense works whether you are 10 feet away from the mob or 50 feet away, as long as they can't swing at you. If you learn to move and position yourself carefully you won't need melee defense all that much.

You can also rearrange your power pick selection so that you pick up siphon speed earlier. You really don't need hasten at level 6, nor do you need vengeance by level 30. If you get rid of consume and acrobatics you can pick another attack. I find shockwave a good and consistent mitigation tool with a kb-kd proc. It recharges fairly fast and does fairly reliable knockdown. On the other hand if you are more offense oriented screech is another -res debuff and you can use that on tough boss/av fights to further whittle down mob resistance.

TL;DR version

Improve your accuracy, get rid of the extra fire defense, re-examine your power picks.

• Like 1

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!