SFMA Heroic Arc, 5-mishes, L30-35 [ID: 42775]

cranebump

image.png.12fa5cfeac021993f4cb8cb391d71e3d.png

[SFMA] DATA calls on you to lend a hand with a current conundrum. As always, though, there's more on the horizon than initially appears. Can you bring yet another sinister plot crashing to earth? Or will your unseen foe achieve their sky-high aspirations?

TESTING NOTES:

*Tested with incarnate levelled down, then switched to a pretty squishy L32 blaster (Psi/Rad). He handled it fine, save for being KD'ed a lot, because he's a defenseless putz.

*First map spawn chain usually keeps forward momentum - except for the last run I did, which put 3rd hostage behind the previous 2. I'm hoping this was an outlier.

*On the fence about Finale DIFF. Story-wise, works, but some timing and placement issues can make it a bear, or an anti-climax. Made some adjustments, but jury's still out for me.

Thanks in advance,

Crane

Edited by cranebump
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

TWEAKS:

• Fixed several typos (found by @Darmian
  • Changed text color on Dross's Clue (yeah, that purple was a bad idea).
  • Some minor verbiage about how one gets to Night Ward (as in, "I've no idea how he got there...").
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

I failed mission 1.  I'm playing a lvl 34 tanker elec/elct.  I have it set to team size 2.  When they get 2 bosses with singularities I get knocked around and can barely fight.  In one room there were 3 of them.  MARK got taken out while I was bounced around. 

I like the villains.  Great variety of powers and they fit the robot designations.  Much more interesting than just robots that shoot beams.

in the end text for failing mission 1 was a small typo "she,uh actually functions" needs a space before uh.

I like the contact text.  Full paragraphs and kind of long but very clear.  They speak like a briefing.  It doesn't feel wordy, it feels normal.

---

Mission 2.  I like the empty building start.  Adds variety.  Again the mission briefing was clear and I knew what to do.  Had trouble finding the 3rd explosive because the glowie sound is so quiet these days, but got it.   Nice to fight a different set of villains than the last mission.  And I just ran past the paragon protector ambush, but it added a nice bit to the story of the mission.

A little detail I liked was the paragon protector giving an identity (logan-7 or something).  Added a bit of flavor and realism.

I checked clues at the end of mission 2.  They told about mission 1 and 2 fairly well, but an initial clue explaining the start would be nice for helping tell the story.

---

Mission 3.  I like night ward enemies.  Great enemies and adds variety.  The clue from the taskmaster is hard to read with the dark purple text. 

I like the series of tasks.  It feels like a story instead of just doing random things on a map.  And the glowies were all in the final room so it was easy to do.

I like how the plot gets more involved slowly.  It started out simple and becomes more complicated but slowly enough that it makes sense.

---

I will have to finish the arc later.  It is a very fun arc so far.

Sorry about that purple text. I was certain I had changed it to yellow, after Darmian ran it and commented on the same thing. I’ll have to check it again. Thanks for running it, and the feedback.

Edited by cranebump