Enhanced Radio/Newspaper

BBBadger

It would be cool if upon reaching Level 50, you're rewarded with some sort of Enhanced Radio/Newspaper for getting missions. This Radio/Newspaper would pretty much work exactly like the normal Radio/Newspaper. You activate it and you find missions. The only difference would be that it would work for any zone you are currently in.

So if you're a Villain, you can run level 50 missions in Mercy, Sharkhead, and then Cap au Diable. And if you're a Cape, you can clean up the streets of Atlas and Talos.

As much as I enjoy PI and Grandville, I'd love to be able to do missions in the other zones for just added flavor. This would especially help for roleplayers who like to pretend their characters patrol a particular zone. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Could be interesting. Personally though I've found newspaper/radio missions usually too easy as they often use the same predictable easy to beat npc groups in there. Would be interesting to spice it up and randomize the npc groups from all level related npc groups for the appropriate alignment.

Why not just make all newspapers/radios usable on whatever map your on, why restrict that to just 50s?

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Tim "Black Scorpion" Sweeney: Matt (Posi) used to say that players would find the shortest path to the rewards even if it was a completely terrible play experience that would push them away from the game...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Just to play devil's advocate:

1.  Not all enemy groups scale to level 50.  The devs would have to spend time creating many new mobs for each faction to make it happen.

If they just reuse the same enemy factions in PI for other zones, there isn't much point.

2.  It would make already lightly populated zones even more of a ghost town.  Atlas would be even more packed than now.

• Like 1

I think it would have the opposite effect. The reason why most zones are ghost towns is because people are racing to 50 and sticking to DA or PI or Grandville. This would atleast allow people to decide to move Radio teams to somewhere else.

As why I'd make it 50 -  I dunno. Honestly, it feels like making it 50 would push people to go out and experience the other zones on their way of leveling. But truth be told, most people don't level that way anyways. I just thought it would be a decent compromise?  

And you wouldn't need to remake other groups into level 50 mobs. It could just be the level 50 mobs we already have in those radio/newspaper missions. Council/Carnies/Longbow/Arachnos wouldn't just stick to there respective zones realistically. They could venture out. Set up new locations.  

Edited by BBBadger